Baked Tater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I sorta like Barbara Mandrell in that I was wolfing down tater skins way afore it was trendy. Now this happened to her on Country Music..and I got to say me too on that. I try to oil the skins down with bacon fat..crisco..or olive oyl (PAM works good too) and give them a generous sprinkle of Montreal Seasoning..then a generous sprinkle of Lemon Peppa (both McCormick brand). I save the regular old mediterrian sun dried sea salt for the inside. John Robert's Dixie Dust is mighty fine on baked tates too. Very good on chicken also might I add.

bigwheel

Have done it thataway too and its a great plan. Fact is the first I ever heard of greasing them up and cooking em nekked come from the eldest male chile who was doing the waiter bit at Red Lobster whilst in college. He say thats how they do it. I do mine mostly on the gasser just cuz it seem handier and dont heat up the house. I try to keep it around 275 300 and give them a flip at the mid point 30 min interval.

bigwheel

bigwheel

rubbing em with bacon grease won't hurt, but cut back on the salt
you sprinkle on. A little bacon grease with a light sprinkle of
Cavenders or Tony Chach will make most folks happy.

When they're done...slap some bbq sauce on the tater skins...let it soak in...put it back on pit or grill, put more on with a sprinkle of garlic salt this time, more sauce til sticky, once more with garlic salt...heavenly. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Well them two addendums to the bacon fat infested tates got a lot more salt in em than bacon. As far as I can tell one is salt with oregano..and the other is salt with red peppa. Use the Montreal and Lemon peppa:)

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
rubbing em with bacon grease won't hurt, but cut back on the salt
you sprinkle on. A little bacon grease with a light sprinkle of
Cavenders or Tony Chach will make most folks happy.

Back
Top Bottom