Bad last 48 hrs (long & rambling,sorry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neil,

I had something very similar happen to me about three years ago. I caught a really bad cold and lost my sense of taste and smell which is normal. You can't taste if you can't smell. However after about a week I recovered from the cold but could not get my smell and taste senses back.
I went to my doctor and they ran all kind of tests including a CAT scan on my brain. No abnormalities were detected. The doctor indicated that it could be allergy related and put me on Allegra-D. The results were very dramatic and I recovered both senses within hours. I don't know if your problem could be allergy related or not but mine started in the winter also and it worked for me.

Good luck on your health. One last factor, could also be weight related. The heavier I got the more health problems I've run into. I've started a diet and have had some encouraging results. Check out my post on Nutrisystem if you are interested.

Good luck to you again Neil. We'll be pulling for you!

Kloset BBQR said:
Neil,

I had something very similar happen to me about three years ago. I caught a really bad cold and lost my sense of taste and smell which is normal. You can't taste if you can't smell. However after about a week I recovered from the cold but could not get my smell and taste senses back.
I went to my doctor and they ran all kind of tests including a CAT scan on my brain. No abnormalities were detected. The doctor indicated that it could be allergy related and put me on Allegra-D. The results were very dramatic and I recovered both senses within hours. I don't know if your problem could be allergy related or not but mine started in the winter also and it worked for me.

Good luck on your health. One last factor, could also be weight related. The heavier I got the more health problems I've run into. I've started a diet and have had some encouraging results. Check out my post on Nutrisystem if you are interested.

Good luck to you again Neil. We'll be pulling for you!

You didn't pay this bill did you? Faulty results for sure. ;)

LOL! That was too easy Bubba! I tried to pick my words carefully. Almost put had a CAT scan on the brain but they didn't find anything! :D

Just trying to help.

I am so happy to hear that your senses are coming back. That is truly wonderful! I can't imagine not being able to smell or taste.

I agree with the others on the disability. Man, you deserve it as much as some people I know who only work enough to get by and are constantly playing the system. Two of the people I am closest to in my life "should" be on disability. One is covered at this time under his employer's plan (I should say previous employer as he has been physically unable to work for over 4 years), and has been fighting for SSI with lawyers for all of that time. The judge agrees that he is unable to go back to his previous occupation but says he can find something else which isn't true given his physical condition. The other tried several times years ago but has never been successful. Ten years ago, several doctors looked at his x-rays and told him they can not understand how he is even able to walk at all.

This is a decision which comes very hard to someone who has worked all of their life. When it comes to your safety, as in the case of your apnea, then you have to make the decision that is best for you and your family.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom