Aside from grilling/BBQ......what are your hobbies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking, camping, converting a bus to a camper, fishing, volunteer fireman, playing guitar, drinking beer, traveling, pistol shooting... holy crap, no wonder I never have time to work ! I need a vacation !!

Greg, If you get stainless steel guns you can drink and shoot at the same time without risking marring the guns with the alcohol. Thats only a problem with guns that are blued !

Well thanks for them factoids. Always wondered why all my blued guns kept getting marred. Now I am wondering whut is marring the SS models?

Greg, what guns do you like to shoot? BW, my SS guns hold a good finish. It's my shotguns around saltwater that require a lot of extra attention. Of course, there not SS because the ducks and geese would see them.

Griff said:
Greg, what guns do you like to shoot?

I have a .38 S&W "Airweight" 642 (my first gun) and a Glock 26 (now my ccw weapon). I am not a competitive shooter by any stretch but I do like to get to the range once a week to make sure I can deploy my gun and make a tight 5 shot grouping.

I brother in laws have 44mags, 357's and my father in law has a .22 magnum that is fun (AND CHEEP) to shoot as well. We try to go together as much as possible!

I had an old SW 4506 one time and it showed a lot of hickys dings and boo boos. Now I got a black Sig .40 226 and it seems a lot less prone to get itself marred up. Sweetest shooting and most user friendly pistolo I ever owned. Way smaller than the 45 and shoots twice as good and a bunch more bullets flying in one session. Could sure see where salt water could eat up a shotgun. It can also eat up cars. Seen a dumb swabbie back a new pontiac off into the surf and wash it down good one time at Corpus. Get all that old sand off of it ya know:) Was hoping it get him back to Kingsville before it started rusting apart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom