Are you guys still here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
Rob, who knows what goes into the thought process of a 17 year old?? She likes Duke because she's a "Dukie". hates BBQ, but I think it's just because I like it! ;-)

First off Nick's right on the money about the visits. Highly recommend it.

Second, Yeah I guess I understand. Now that I think about it I was the same way she is. I was talking about going to McGill back then because it sounded cool. My folks put their foot down and because of that I wouldn't consider Penn or Cornell. (In retrospect probably should have.)

Well I'd hate to be accused of aiding and abetting but if she gets serious about the Duke stuff I know an alum whose Dad's a prof. I'd be willing to try to get her some sort of an informational interview if you think it might help.

Any idea what she wants to study? Engineering? Liberal Arts?

Dont' take her to OU then Wood...she'll comitt right there!

Miami is not a better school than OU...IT'S WORSE!

I suggest OU...good engineering school, medical school, sports science and the journalism school is one of the best in the country!

GO BOBCATS!! :D

We've been to all four she applied to plus Hiram and Baldwin Wallace! Rob, duh, Cornell or Penn, yeppers, I'd say you missed the boat on that one. I was in Ithaca last May. Nice Campus! Thanks for the offer on Duke. We actually went there twice. There is a great BBQ joint just north of the campus called Bullocks!

ps. she said she'd consider Syracuse too!

Nick, the state parks over there are gorgeous!! Ithica is kinda weird though. I never saw so many Lesbos in my life. Lesbos and hippies abound in Ithica. There is a good BBQ guy over there named Stu. He goes by Grill Chef on the Klose Forum. The Cornell campus is on a bluff overlooking Lake Cayuga. I think that is where all the lesbos and hippies come from! :shock:

Woodman said:
Nick, the state parks over there are gorgeous!! Ithica is kinda weird though. I never saw so many Lesbos in my life. Lesbos and hippies abound in Ithica. There is a good BBQ guy over there named Stu. He goes by Grill Chef on the Klose Forum. The Cornell campus is on a bluff overlooking Lake Cayuga. I think that is where all the lesbos and hippies come from! :shock:

One more place in life I should avoid! :-D

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Chris Finney":2yzj4c07]Come on Nick. Get out live a little. You may fine you like hippies and lesbians.

Well to be honest, hippies don't bother me and as far as the lesbos go....I just want to watch!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote:2yzj4c07]

Not these lesbos you don't...ughhhhhhhh

Woodman said:
We've been to all four she applied to plus Hiram and Baldwin Wallace! Rob, duh, Cornell or Penn, yeppers, I'd say you missed the boat on that one. I was in Ithaca last May. Nice Campus! Thanks for the offer on Duke. We actually went there twice. There is a great BBQ joint just north of the campus called Bullocks!

ps. she said she'd consider Syracuse too!

Ithaca really is pretty. Wife's got some connections to Cornell in case she gets interested there..

As far as missing the boat yep now in my middle age I've got to make up for all the partying I missed. :-D :-D

Ithica, Hiram...what's the difference...both unpopulated farm towns...I lived in Saratoga Springs for 15 yrs...did she look at Skidmore College WoodProfessor?? Now there's a good school and she can watch world class horse racing at the oldest track in the country in August when she stays there for summer classes!!

Saratoga Springs, NY...The August Place to Be!!

Greg Rempe said:
Ithica, Hiram...what's the difference...both unpopulated farm towns...I lived in Saratoga Springs for 15 yrs...did she look at Skidmore College WoodProfessor?? Now there's a good school and she can watch world class horse racing at the oldest track in the country in August when she stays there for summer classes!!

Saratoga Springs, NY...The August Place to Be!!

Nah Greg, what Ithica is to lesbos, Saratoga Springs is to flaming butt pirates. That reminds me of a story about a guy I used to play golf with every Sunday.................

They call it "Skidmore" because the students have "more" "skid"marks on their underwear than anywhere else in America :smt119 :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom