Anybody Tried Any of These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I've been a fan of the show "Moonshiners," Tim, Tickle and all the other characters so when I saw that Tim Smith's Climax Moonshine was available for sale I had to get some. Not distributed in Ohio I had a friend from SC get me a bottle ... Wow is this stuff SMOOTH. So now I am on a quest to try some of the others. Tim Smith's is the only blend of corn, rye and barley the other two I have are just corn whiskey. Mill Street Moonshine is a local brand and is good, but not as smooth. I'm breaking open the Midnight Moon tonight so I'll let you know on that one. Tim's is 45% Alcohol, 95 Proof, the other two are only 40% Alcohol, 80 Proof. Anybody else tried any or have any other suggestions, that is other than some you can get over the fence in Foat Wuth? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 254
I have tried the Midnight Moon (or a similar name) and a few others of the store type.

Generally, I prefer the "real" stuff that comes in a Mason Jar instead of having a tax stamp on a small cap.;) Usually called "Tennessee Spring Water" or "Georgia Peach Water". Some of the Tennessee is so smoothe you need at least 17 "o" in there...Smooooooooooooooooothe.

Last edited:
Well having played around with Rye a bit I cant tell it adds much distinctive flavor to the end product. I think barley is for making beer..lol. Sweet horse feed works pretty darned good. From as good as can tell Tito's hand made Vodka from Austin is about as close as a person can get to store bought moonshine in this area...being a corn mash vodka it should taste fairly similar. I know the yups love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom