Anybody here making their own pasta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We do Nick. It's fun in the winter on a Sunday after noon. I picked a pasta maker up at a garage sale a few years back, just plug it in and add ingredients. I like to make hot pepper spaghetti.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
We do Nick. It's fun in the winter on a Sunday after noon. I picked a pasta maker up at a garage sale a few years back, just plug it in and add ingredients. I like to make hot pepper spaghetti.

Pigs
We've had a brand new pasta maker in the cabinet for 8-10 years and have just never done it. Perhaps you pros could share some tips and motivation. It would go real well with some of Nick's recipe Italian sausage I have in the freezer (great stuff)

I went through a pasta making phase once upon a time. Had me a plastic Ronco pasta making moochine from off of TV. It done good till it broke the little disc collar that holds the plate which extrudes the dough into various shapes. It just about like using a sausage stuffer. If I bought another I would make sure it was made out of metal. SS preferably. Aint no way plastic can withstand the pressures when you start pushing the stuff through the plate. Now maybe they have some made out of space age plastic material that can withstand it these days..but everybody I know who had a plastic model wind up breaking just like mine did. The ho made stuff is firmer..denser..richer than the store bought stuff.

bigwheel

I have considered buy a pasta maker a bunch of times, and I always come to the conclusion it's easier just to spend a dollar and buy it. If you make your own sauce and pasta it seems to take way too much time.

Justaguy said:
I have considered buy a pasta maker a bunch of times, and I always come to the conclusion it's easier just to spend a dollar and buy it. If you make your own sauce and pasta it seems to take way too much time.
And BBQ doesn't? We spent half the day canning peaches. Yea it does take time, but well worth it in my book. Some things are worth the time.

Pigs

Homemade pasta rocks.
Kinda like homemade sausage . . .

or homemade meatballs . . .

or basically homemade ANYTHING! It is just better!

Well my mom had a SS pasta maker that I borrowed and a ravioli maker. So some time in the future I will be giving it a whirl. Seems like a neat winter project. Then my meal will consist of homemade pasta, homemade sausage, homemade meatballs, homemade sauce and of course homemade bread. Now if I only made wine!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Justaguy said:
And BBQ doesn't? We spent half the day canning peaches. Yea it does take time, but well worth it in my book. Some things are worth the time.

Pigs

Good point.

Well wine making is easy peasy if a person stick with making cowboy wine. Now if I had a good buzz going on it I would not want to mess it up by eating a bunch of eyetalian food.

bigwheel

Pasta

Homemade pasta is just wonderful...

img_199977_0_1cec5e9ee378d2482b69706441551586.jpg

img_199977_1_27a6308f524ec3600a0896e4d2b4de80.jpg

Lasagna noodles

I guess after seeing the lasagna noodles that settles the 'what's for supper' debate! Some tomatoes and peppers and onions from the garden . . . it's gonna be good!

Adrienne said:
I guess after seeing the lasagna noodles that settles the 'what's for supper' debate! Some tomatoes and peppers and onions from the garden . . . it's gonna be good!
That is why we can. ;) nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon in the kitchen when it's snowing and blowing and make up a huge pan of lasagna, with the tomatoes ya canned last year. The fresh made pasta just makes it better. Call me simple, but that's how I roll.

Pigs
(old school rules)

Back
Top Bottom