Anybody else drinking/cooking ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Anybody else cooking...I just poured my first rum and coke and am heading out in the 28 degree snowy crappy sucky weather to fire up the pit. Butts been rubbed and will go on in about 3 drinks...er I mean an hour..

Anybody ever reheat ribs? Im in a delema here....

Beers a plenty over here...got up to about 60 today, so I'm gonna grill some chicken thighs tonight.

It's kind of a romantic/sentimental feeling about smoking in the snow though. I'll get some cold weather cooks in come February.

No alcohol yet, but it may start soon. I'll be cooking Snow Crab legs, steamed shrimp, fried oysters, fried crab cakes, hush puppies and tater tots here in a bit. My brother is coming over and we're gonna enjoy some good grub and company together.

nothin' wrong with a good tater tot...ever cook them on the grill ? There excellent that way...sort of a pita though...

Ham is smokin away on the bullet. Glaze in the pan in here! Not drinkin anything but coffee right now. About 30 degrees with light rain/snow. Oh yeah......HA HA BRUCE< THE CAVALIERS JUST BLEW OUT THE VAUNTED PISTONS! HA HA> HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Just a little bump in the road...they're in lots of trouble at 24-4.

Back to the subject, prime rib and lobster tails with garlic smashed potatos around 7ish tonight. Be careful John mentioning the weather some people get pretty testy about that. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, you too Woody!!

Last December, I went up to Saginaw and sat in Ron Schaefer's (Dirty Ron) driveway watching it snow, drinking a case of beer and a bottle of tequila, and eating deep fried onion rings, smoked ribs, and turkey breasts outta his Gator Predator. I was huddled up by that firebox and I don't think I ws cold all day! It was about 23 degrees! Man, after dinner, he started in on lemon drops! I made it till 9:30! I gotta get back up there this winter! Matter of fact, here is the photo off of Ritchie's site!

http://www.gatorpit.net/Ron_Schaefers_Predator.JPG

Wife and I are staying home tonight with our little guy. I have a bottle of Louis Jadot - Pinot Nior Bourgogne 2002 I got for Christmas and a bottle of Columbia Crest Merlot 2001 from Oregon if I need more. Ham soup and crusty seven grain bread and salad for dinner. I used the bits and peices of the ham I smoked on Thursday for the soup. It should be sublime having dinner in a quiet house.

Wife and I are going out to dinner with some folks from my work..hope to be back home by 11....Oldest and middle daughter working all night and youngest babysitting for oldest...so..just the two of us home tonight...waaahhhhhoooo (it'll be a chore to stay awake Ill bet...lol)

We had planned just my wife and I, but my hunting and fishing buddy called last night and asked what we were up to for New Years Eve. I told him and he asked if he bought the rib roast, would I cook it. Of course, I said "yes". He did the same thing last year so I wasn't surprised. Then I called a single friend I knew would not be out and now it is rib roast for five. We'll start with martinis (actually Beefeaters on the rocks), beer or wine with the meat, and whiskeys after dinner. It was the whiskey that got me in trouble last year.

Griff

Here are the photos of my ham/polenta cook. The polenta was not "sweet potatoey" enough. I need to go 50/50 or err on the side of the sweet potato. I went 2:1 polenta to sweet potato. The ham, on the other hand was EXCELLENT! It looks burnt, but it weren't. The Texas BBQ Rub made a great sweet crust on it. It was GOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOD to borrow a "Cap'n-ism".

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... nn_speed=1

Well, I decided to do the ribs in the oven and finish them on the grill...they were "falling of the bone" and everyone loved them that way. Im afraid that if I serve smoked ribs and they are nice and firm, people will think I screwed up..lol.....

Went to the "Hangover 150" at our local dirt track on New Years Day...Three events, an 8 cyl class, 6 and a 4. Always entertaining. They are pretty much no holes barred smash up enduro's ! There is no caution or red flags during the race. Once it starts, they go till its over, no matter what ! To give you an idea of how they go..they run stock cars with the glass taken out....this year the 4 cyl class ran over 100 cars in 1 race..the leader had almost completed his second lap when the last cars were still comming out of the pit. Only two cars completed the race...heres a pic from last yearabout 3/4 of the way through the race. I believe it was the 8 cyl...

We turned the race into an event getting bigger every year..this year we brought my friends camper with heat and tunes. Everyone was talking so much about the guys with the camper and the music that were cooking ribs that the owner of the track came over and shot a few min's of video that will be included in his yearly video for the track !..

Heres a pic of our spread...pulled pork, ribs, baked beans (ala woody), abt's, turkey soup, sandwichs plus a bunch of veggie/cheese stuff with dip..

Back
Top Bottom