Any One Have One Of These?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very kewlish and stylish. Wished I had one. You such a fortunant fellow to have it. I got a regular old zippo lighter or two. Got one with some kinda funky green leaf imbedded on the front side. Might be a leaf off killer weed for all I know. I try not to carry it. It in the keep sake drawer. Actually I love the nostalgia but buying flints and fuel is a pain in the booty and them things invariable leak fluid and burn your leg.

bigwheel

bbquzz said:
I have one Pigs (not pink) and have had it long enough that it stopped workin', I miss it. May send it back to Zippo for a refurb job, they are good about that.
Try this first. I had to do it to mine a few times. (mine is blue and they don't make that color any more)

What is vapor lock? How can I fix it?
Vapor lock occurs when air gets inside the sealed fuel chamber of the lighter. It can occur if the lighter and can are not inverted during the fueling process.
To remove vapor lock:
Invert lighter
Bleed excess air from the tank by depressing fill valve with tip of a small screwdriver or other point object
Be careful when bleeding the lighter
Point the lighter away from your face and any ignition source
Refill with Zippo premium butane fuel or another premium brand of butane

Pigs

Too late Pigs ... You motivated me and I sent it back already. I bought it long before my BBQ days and now I really think it will come in handy. Cost $5.00 to have them repair it, so I think it is worth $5.00. Thanks for the motivation Pigs :D

Back
Top Bottom