Any Doctors around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I think I have Pink Eye but I've been using my daughters leftover drops for 2 days and it's not getting better. Does this look like Pink Eye??

Was it gooey? Is it itchy? How old is your daughters medicine? It takes about a week to get rid of pinkeye. BTW, your one ugly mother#@$%$@! :LOL:

Here's how you tell...

Rub your right eye(red one) really good then go to the left and rub that one too. If it turns red in a few days...it's pink eye. Believe me, it will turn red.

Seriously, as much as I'd like to see a Redskin's fan suffer...DON'T DO WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!

You definately have pink eye. You will get a script for floxin(I think) and put it in. You are highly contagious so watch where you put your hands and keep your hands washed. Over in a couple of days.

I got a cure for that Larry....and what's happened, have they stopped selling razor blades in Virginia? You might want to think about trimming those eyebrows up to...DAMN!

Oh, back on topic...yeah, it looks pink to me.

Larry Wolfe said:
I think I have Pink Eye but I've been using my daughters leftover drops for 2 days and it's not getting better. Does this look like Pink Eye??

Well as a former paramedic with 23 years in the field I would have to say YEP YOU GOT IT!! Now haul ass to your DR and let him/her give you adult strength meds for it, your kids meds probably wont cut it.

I'm a glutton for punishment!! Thanks for all the great advice guys and Puff. :roll:

Bruce I just woke up and hadn't really had time to do my grooming, I'll work on it in the future!! :D

I would suggest strongly you get yourself to a DR or emerg clinic right away and also break out the lysol and lysol everything you have touched in the house.

Everything right down to your toothbrush needs to be disinfected.

Good luck to you.

(Also don't share your towels or facecloth with anyone in the house keep them separate from everyone else)

Just did a google and it appears I have "Viral conjunctivitis" usually affects only one eye and causes excessive eye watering and a light discharge. If this is what I have the only thing I can do is to pretty much let it run it's course. There are some OTC Eye Drops I'm gonna get to allieviate the pain. Tomorrow if it's not better I'll make a Dr's appt.

Maybe Capt. Morgan has some extra pirate eye patches he can loan you.
2.gif

Pretty much only two things that make an eye look like that....conjunctivitis or a scratched cornea.

The scratched cornea can cause conjunctivitis...(more then likely will no matter what)... but the conjunctivitis will NOT go away by itself until the scratched cornea is taken care of.

A damaged cornea left untreated could lead to a detached retina and loss of sight in that eye.

I only know this because I just went through hauling my mom back and forth to the eye doctors for 2&1/2 weeks with a scratched cornea..........her eye looked EXACTLY like yours....

She had no clue how she scratched it and couldn't even remember a possibility of it getting damaged....either way, it took nearly a month for it to mend... and that was AFTER her stubborness of a week before she would even go near a Dr. for it.

The sensitivity to light is what makes me think there is some type of damage... you should get some drops to keep that eye dilated to give the cornea a rest so it can start it's healing process.....

Hope it's just pink eye........good luck.

SJ

Well think I was a famous physician in a previous incarnation so I know all about this kinda stuff. Several things which could cause your symptoms other than pink eye. Possible causes range from a plugged tear duct to a condition which I have which is called entropian. With entropian your bottom eye lid curls upward causing the bottom eyelash to continually scratch and abrade the cornea. Makes for constant irritation...bloodshot look etc. If that be the problemo you can either have some minor surgery to fix it...or you can keep the bottom eye lashes plucked out. Since I know doctors are the leading cause of death in the US...I keep my bottom eye lashes plucked out using tweezers. My daddy had the same problemo so it is somewhut hereditary. It only effects my left eye. The right eye dont need plucking. Hope this helps.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
I'm a glutton for punishment!! Thanks for all the great advice guys and Puff. :roll:

Bruce I just woke up and hadn't really had time to do my grooming, I'll work on it in the future!! :D

There aren't enough hours in the day!

bigwheel said:
Well think I was a famous physician in a previous incarnation so I know all about this kinda stuff. Several things which could cause your symptoms other than pink eye. Possible causes range from a plugged tear duct to a condition which I have which is called entropian. With entropian your bottom eye lid curls upward causing the bottom eyelash to continually scratch and abrade the cornea. Makes for constant irritation...bloodshot look etc. If that be the problemo you can either have some minor surgery to fix it...or you can keep the bottom eye lashes plucked out. Since I know doctors are the leading cause of death in the US...I keep my bottom eye lashes plucked out using tweezers. My daddy had the same problemo so it is somewhut hereditary. It only effects my left eye. The right eye dont need plucking. Hope this helps.

bigwheel

Geez..between plucking his bikini line and now his eyeball..he'll never get out of the bathroom in the mornings in time for breakfast! ;) :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":171v7l77]I'm a glutton for punishment!! Thanks for all the great advice guys and Puff. :roll:

There aren't enough hours in the day![/quote:171v7l77]
:LOL: How do you groom an ape?

Back
Top Bottom