Anniversary Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Anniversary dinner this weekend. But it was 14 years ago today we got hitched. Who would of thought. Man she puts up with allot my funny business. :roll: :LOL:

Pigs

(who is such a well behaved husband)

Happy Anniversary. I will have been in lock down...er I mean in wedded bliss for 41 years in Oct. That sorta like dylexia huh 14 and 41? At any rate always remember that sometimes a dawg don't want to eat his food unless he think some other dawg might be trying to get it. Wimmen work the same way. Lady's love outlaws. The nice little house hubbys who dont come home reeking of gin and cheap perfume at 3 AM be the first to go. The outlaws last forever. Keep up the good work.

bigwheel

Puff said:
Congrats!
:D
So what's the plans for the big event?
I'm guessing beer will be involved!
:LOL:

bigwheel said:
Happy Anniversary. I will have been in lock down...er I mean in wedded bliss for 41 years in Oct. That sorta like dylexia huh 14 and 41? At any rate always remember that sometimes a dawg don't want to eat his food unless he think some other dawg might be trying to get it. Wimmen work the same way. Lady's love outlaws. The nice little house hubbys who dont come home reeking of gin and cheap perfume at 3 AM be the first to go. The outlaws last forever. Keep up the good work.

That's one of the funniest things I ever read! :LOL:

bigwheel

Puff said:
Congrats!

I'm guessing beer and then some type of run in with the local law enforcement agency...so what else is new. :roll: Followed by a post to BBQ Central about the rotten, no account, bad attitude cops.

Just a wild ass guess on my part.

Bruce B said:
Puff said:
Congrats!

I'm guessing beer and then some type of run in with the local law enforcement agency...so what else is new. :roll: Followed by a post to BBQ Central about the rotten, no account, bad attitude cops.

Just a wild ass guess on my part.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks all. Not sure what the bill of fair will be, but I'm thinking leg of lamb, lobster tails, salt taters, corn on the cob, upside down pineapple cake. Will be doing it at camp this weekend. I'm not on gate duty this weekend so if five-o shows up, it's not my responsibility to handle them. :D Example of a good time at camp. http://www.johnvalbynation.com/rolloverbeethoven.html
At camp and things happen. Yes we have a stage. Guy's just show up and want to jam now. Good times indeed.

Pigs
(may just happen this weekend)

I would cross the lamb off the list. I stunk up my whole neighborhood down at Corpus one time trying to cook the hind leg off one of them critters. Smelled just a big old musky Javelino Hawg. I don't see how anybody can eat that stuff. They are also way too cute to be having for lunch. They need a good home. They play just like puppies.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I would cross the lamb off the list. I stunk up my whole neighborhood down at Corpus one time trying to cook the hind leg off one of them critters. Smelled just a big old musky Javelino Hawg. I don't see how anybody can eat that stuff. They are also way too cute to be having for lunch. They need a good home. They play just like puppies.

bigwheel

Lamb is good cooked rite, Maybe the Greek Texan will show us how.

Pigs, Salt Tators? Recipe?

Them boys rock Pigs

4 pounds new potatoes
1 1/2 cups fine salt
8 tables butter

DIRECTIONS

1. Wash the potatoes and set aside. Fill a large pot with water; stir in salt until it no longer dissolves and settles on the bottom. Place potatoes in the pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain; cover to keep hot.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a small pan over medium high heat, or in microwave. Serve immediately poured over potatoes.

Sounds sorta like my Mama made em but she didn't use that much salt and she did not dirty up a separate pan to melt the butter i.e. oleo majarom. As far as I could make out she just left a little water in the pan and added the butter (see above) and shook it down good with salt and peppa. You tried it like that before? If not try it and kindly repoat back with your results. This is all for food science here ya know? Thanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Sounds sorta like my Mama made em but she didn't use that much salt and she did not dirty up a separate pan to melt the butter i.e. oleo majarom. As far as I could make out she just left a little water in the pan and added the butter (see above) and shook it down good with salt and peppa. You tried it like that before? If not try it and kindly repoat back with your results. This is all for food science here ya know? Thanks.

bigwheel
Yea bw. That's how it gets done around here. Just thought I'd post the proper recipe to get folk that don't know about them. We throw taters (B size) in hot coal's warped in foil in the bon fire and do them up. What a treat. Salt, pepper. and butter. Only thing missing is BACON! :LOL:

Piga

Back
Top Bottom