An eventful week.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justaguy

Sous Chef
Got laid off on Monday :( But I found a new job and will start next week, it's a big pay cut and is temp with the chance of turning long term, but I figure gotta be happy to have a job in these times. In my week with no work I found a place to get local wood and scored a rib roast for 3.99 a pound.
Oh yea, the job starts at 6 in the morning so I'm done around 2:30. So I'll have all kinds of cooking time. :D :D

Congrats on finding the new job Justaguy!
Nice hours too :D
My position was done away with..been unemployed for
over a year :shock:

8)

Yup, good ya got somthin. We been hirin, nearly tripled in size in the last 6 months, can't beleive how many people applied. Bad thing is, only two years an then there cuttin em out. That sucks, but I'm bout as safe as I can be.

Good luck an enjoy the smokin time!
Congrats on the wood find to!

Yes hearty congrats on landing the new position. Job market seems to be bit tight everywhere.

bigwheel

Sounds like you're making lemonade from the lemons. Congrats on landing a replacement job so quickly. Best of luck!

Looking forward to your posts/pics now that you'll have extra time to cook. :)

We are in nasty times with mega inflation just around the corner and forces working to purposely tank the economy.
Tighten your chin strap ladies. :cry:

Very kewlish avatar you got there Ma'am. I knowed them Canadians /Alaskians lived in Igloos even though they always trying to deny it. Big thanks to 5th Grade geography eh? :LOL:

bigwheel

Seems I agree with Sir Ragness. Everyone strap in.....gonna' be a long ride for a long time. :shock:
Is "kewlish" really a word?? :?

Puff said:
Seems I agree with Sir Ragness. Everyone strap in.....gonna' be a long ride for a long time. :shock:
Is "kewlish" really a word??[ :?

I think it is for 12 year old little girls.

Yall got to realize I hang out with 6th graders. I am up to date on all the latest linguistics. Now aint that Beast? :LOL:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom