Alas poor Maverick I knew it well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can also try heating them in an oven at around 175º or a little more for a couple/3 hours to see if that helps ~ Sometimes, a little moisture gets in there and a low bake might help dry them out...

Joke

When you bake the probes, I'm assuming you just bake the probe end and leave the connector end on the outside of the oven. Right?

BTW, we are warming up here. It's 1 pm, sunny and +4*.

Griff

Griff said:
Joke

When you bake the probes, I'm assuming you just bake the probe end and leave the connector end on the outside of the oven. Right?

Griff
Yeah, the intent is to get the moisture out from between the probe its self and the braded wire. Everything else can stay outside.

HeatWave!! :grin: :grin:

I have never had any problems with rain...my ET-73 has been out in some bad rain storms and never missed a tick...lucky???

I'm with Greg. My transmitter unit has been left out in rain with no problem. However, I'm curious about the refrigerator thing. What's the theory with that? I'd of thought warm and dry.

Griff

If it's raining or calling for rain my ET-73 go into Zip Loc bags. If they happen to get wet, do as Cappy stated and put them in the fridge overnight.

Griff said:
I'm with Greg. My transmitter unit has been left out in rain with no problem. However, I'm curious about the refrigerator thing. What's the theory with that? I'd of thought warm and dry.

Griff
A refrigerator works much like the A/C in your car or house. During the process of chilling the air, it also removes the moisture from the air. The probes can take the warmer conditions better than the electronics/plastic can. :(

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="The Joker":10ee51aw]You can also try heating them in an oven at around 175º or a little more for a couple/3 hours to see if that helps ~ Sometimes, a little moisture gets in there and a low bake might help dry them out...

Do add my favorite rub before baking? :evillaugh:[/quote:10ee51aw]
And here, I thought you were being serious, butt, NO !!! You were being just like a few other butt holes on this board... #-o

Griff said:
Joke

Griff[/quote
Cripes! 4 sounds like you put stuff in the refridgerator to warm it up! :eek: ]

The Joker said:
[quote="Burnt Food Dude":1hr72kkm][quote="The Joker":1hr72kkm]You can also try heating them in an oven at around 175º or a little more for a couple/3 hours to see if that helps ~ Sometimes, a little moisture gets in there and a low bake might help dry them out...

Do add my favorite rub before baking? :evillaugh:[/quote:1hr72kkm]
And here, I thought you were being serious, butt, NO !!! You were being just like a few other butt holes on this board... #-o[/quote:1hr72kkm]
Ease up Joker. BFD cracks himself up. It's all good here.

absolute worst case.. after trying new probes...baking the old ones, and you decide its the unit. you can also try running distilled water through it (batteries out of course) and then let it dry in the fridge. Its not the water that causes problems as much as the things in the water. I work with electronice daily....we save that for our last ditch effort.

understood...bothers me everytime I do it...but its worked for pagers, cell phones and much more expensive things. like I said only try it before you toss it in the trash. its not the water that causes the probs..just the impurities in it.

That is funny! =D> Let me give you the clap!

When we first got are Tazers here we had problems with an angry drunk. Zapped him with it and he fell to the ground. He looks up at us and says "you guys OK" thought we got struck by a lightning bolt.

Green Hornet said:
That is funny! =D> Let me give you the clap!

When we first got are Tazers here we had problems with an angry drunk. Zapped him with it and he fell to the ground. He looks up at us and says "you guys OK" thought we got struck by a lightning bolt.
Now that's funny! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom