Advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleP

Sous Chef
Hey friend I'm sorry to hear about that but it isnt our Country causing you grief. Its the dude you threatened. Well if I understood your post correctly He is the one who reported the threat causing you jail time. You cant threaten anyone like the good old days. If you decide to lose your temper these days and actually attack, prepare yourself for a possible prison sentence. I have many friends that run the prison system here in Kentucky, and they tell me that the place is full of guys who hurt someone in a fight. You cant do it anymore. Hell I used to love a good scuffle but those days are gone. Plus it hurts.

I hope you get past all this soon without anymore problems.

Sounds like they should be arresting terrorists and Bin Laden before worrying about a threat like you :roll: oh well, glad you didn't get hurt and made it out ok. ;)

well he's not out of it yet..if he got arrested, then he was charged or charges are pending. Lawyer fees will probably be the final penalty,
and that is significant.

Since the Patriot Act was inacted:
Habeas Corpus has been suspended, they did not need to allow you a lawyer or let you out on bond. You did not have threaten him, he just needed to feel threatened to have this kind of an action taken.

Any time you ask for a loan that information is passed a long to Homeland Security.

The government has the right monitor all phone and e-mail communications. The suppliers of these services have no right to withhold the information from the Feds.

Right now the plans are inplace for enhanced drivers lic that will carry not only picture but fingerprints (maybe more as time goes on) but can carry credit and banking info also.

I'm not making a political statement but this is a fact.

Mr. Minion,

I've never met you personally, but from everything I have read and the people that I have talked to that have met you, I have gained a lot of respect for you, for what you have done for the BBQ world and those in this world who are not as well off as most of us think we are.

I must, however, take exception to your post. I spent almost 27 years in Law Enforcement and I still have very close friends in that field. I was still active in the field until late in 1993.

Mark stated he was arrested on a local charges, Habeus Corpus, Latin for produce or bring forth the body, has not been suspended sir. If he had been unable to post bond he would have to have been taken before a judge or a magistrate, usually within 72 hours for his arraignment.

The right to counsel, appointed or retained, is still his right. At his arraignment the presiding judge would have addressed this issue.

I can't explain why Homeland Security Agents arrested Mark, my guess, either the alleged threat was made to a federal employee, made on federal property, or falls under some type of "terrorist threat"

Further, the government does not have the right to monitor phone or e-mail conversations, they have a right to monitor the numbers & location from which incoming and outgoing calls are coming and going and they may monitor those calls that come from or connect to known terrorists organizations, organizations know to support terrorists, or individuals who fit those descriptions.

Plans are not in place for an "enhanced" driver's license, driving is a state privilege not granted by the Federal government. There is legislation pending in committee that would create a National Identification card that failed to get out of committee and has been sent back for further work. I am not in favor of this, by the way. But I'm not afraid of it either.

And finally, I beg to differ with you, you are making a political statement, you are quoting facts about policies of this government, your government sir, that are not accurate to say the least.

I still have much respect for you Mr. Minion I would only ask that you check your facts before issuing them as fact.

I still think their might be more to Mark's story, I could be mistaken but, I assume the Federal Office from where these HS agents are based is in Oklahoma County, and if he were charged with a violation of Federal Law, the Oklahoma County Jail, the county in which the Federal Agency handling the offense has jurisdiction, would be the proper lodging facility, regardless which county the offense takes place.

Mark, I wish you good luck in your case. It does, from what you have told us, seem like a terrible waste of time and resources.

jminion said:
Since the Patriot Act was inacted:
Habeas Corpus has been suspended, they did not need to allow you a lawyer or let you out on bond. You did not have threaten him, he just needed to feel threatened to have this kind of an action taken.

Any time you ask for a loan that information is passed a long to Homeland Security.

The government has the right monitor all phone and e-mail communications. The suppliers of these services have no right to withhold the information from the Feds.

Right now the plans are inplace for enhanced drivers lic that will carry not only picture but fingerprints (maybe more as time goes on) but can carry credit and banking info also.

I'm not making a political statement but this is a fact.
And I sleep better at night knowing that this is being done. Nothing to hide here.
Gotta side with Bruce on this one. ;)

My question....Did you know that he was a Federal Agent before you threatened him, and was he in performance of his duty when said threat occured? If so, you could be in very serious trouble. But being retired military, you should know that.
Tim

Bruce
The Military Commission’s Act of 2006 does in effect kill Habeus Corpus
and it was annoucned last night the State of Washington and British Columbia are going to be the test case for enhanced Drivers Lic. The machinery is being put in place now to make it happen. This being put inplace in conjuction with the help of Homeland Security for passage on the Boarder. It was annouced yesterday.

If for what ever reason it was decide that Mark posed a security threat under the Military Commission Act of 2006 he would still be in jail, no right to having charges brought forward in 72 hours.

Verizon has a building in Redmond WA that is a major hub for cel and internet service in the PNW. We catered the completion of the buildings but to get into the building it takes a Federal Security (mine has lapsed since I left the military in 1970).

I had a top secret clearance during the Nam era, worked the presidents aircraft while in the Pacific. I have a good idea what two presidents are willing to do. Spent a year in Laos in 1967, I don't underestimate the lenghts the US government will go to.

Check the facts and let me know.

Bruce B said:
Mr. Minion,

I've never met you personally, but from everything I have read and the people that I have talked to that have met you, I have gained a lot of respect for you, for what you have done for the BBQ world and those in this world who are not as well off as most of us think we are.

I must, however, take exception to your post. I spent almost 27 years in Law Enforcement and I still have very close friends in that field. I was still active in the field until late in 1993.

Mark stated he was arrested on a local charges, Habeus Corpus, Latin for produce or bring forth the body, has not been suspended sir. If he had been unable to post bond he would have to have been taken before a judge or a magistrate, usually within 72 hours for his arraignment.

The right to counsel, appointed or retained, is still his right. At his arraignment the presiding judge would have addressed this issue.

I can't explain why Homeland Security Agents arrested Mark, my guess, either the alleged threat was made to a federal employee, made on federal property, or falls under some type of "terrorist threat"

Further, the government does not have the right to monitor phone or e-mail conversations, they have a right to monitor the numbers & location from which incoming and outgoing calls are coming and going and they may monitor those calls that come from or connect to known terrorists organizations, organizations know to support terrorists, or individuals who fit those descriptions.

Plans are not in place for an "enhanced" driver's license, driving is a state privilege not granted by the Federal government. There is legislation pending in committee that would create a National Identification card that failed to get out of committee and has been sent back for further work. I am not in favor of this, by the way. But I'm not afraid of it either.

And finally, I beg to differ with you, you are making a political statement, you are quoting facts about policies of this government, your government sir, that are not accurate to say the least.

I still have much respect for you Mr. Minion I would only ask that you check your facts before issuing them as fact.

I still think their might be more to Mark's story, I could be mistaken but, I assume the Federal Office from where these HS agents are based is in Oklahoma County, and if he were charged with a violation of Federal Law, the Oklahoma County Jail, the county in which the Federal Agency handling the offense has jurisdiction, would be the proper lodging facility, regardless which county the offense takes place.

Mark, I wish you good luck in your case. It does, from what you have told us, seem like a terrible waste of time and resources.

Bruce, I love ya buddy, but it's hard to read your post without laughing with the avatar you have.

jminion said:
Bruce
The Military Commission’s Act of 2006 does in effect kill Habeus Corpus
and it was annoucned last night the State of Washington and British Columbia are going to be the test case for enhanced Drivers Lic. The machinery is being put in place now to make it happen. This being put inplace in conjuction with the help of Homeland Security for passage on the Boarder. It was annouced yesterday.

If for what ever reason it was decide that Mark posed a security threat under the Military Commission Act of 2006 he would still be in jail, no right to having charges brought forward in 72 hours.

Verizon has a building in Redmond WA that is a major hub for cel and internet service in the PNW. We catered the completion of the buildings but to get into the building it takes a Federal Security (mine has lapsed since I left the military in 1970).

I had a top secret clearance during the Nam era, worked the presidents aircraft while in the Pacific. I have a good idea what two presidents are willing to do. Spent a year in Laos in 1967, I don't underestimate the lenghts the US government will go to.

Check the facts and let me know.

Jim, Sir; kills Habeus Corpus for whom? If youare talking about enemy combatants captured on the battlefield and then transported to another country, i.e. the enemy combatants held at Club Gitmo, then maybe that is correct. We don't live in Gitmo, and Habeus Corpus has not been suspended for United States Citizens.

I question your State of Wahsington and British Columbia...did we add another state to the Union when I wasn't looking. And you mean to tell me that the Country of Canada is going to go along with this alleged enhanced driver license idea???????????? I believe you are talking about the Federal Real ID Act of 2005, that requires states to include certain information on the driver's license before it is issued, and to require certain identification documents before issuing a driver's license.

With regard to the building, is Verizon the only comp[any with offices in the building? Any government offices in the building, maybe that's why the clearance is needed?

Anyone can google the Military Commission's Act of 2006 and the Federal Real ID Act of 2005 if they want more information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom