A Welcome Visitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
I’m not at all knowledgeable regarding birds but I think this is some kind of hawk. After noticing this little critter on the back fence a time or two I decided to try and get a couple of shots as we have never seen one do this in the 24 years of living here. Makes me wish I had a better camera with a real telephoto lens. It had food in both claws upon landing, notice that it is looking off to my left.

It gobbled down the one piece and seemed to be interested in something to the side.

When I looked over that way I saw another adult hawk walking back into the bushes on the other side of the fence being trailed by three babies. I thought all birds raised their young in the trees, I was so surprised that I did not think fast enough to get a picture.

When I looked back at her (I’m now guessing it was a female and she was getting ready to feed the babies) she was on the fence with the other piece of food in her claw.

A moment later she flew up into the trees, what’s up with that when the others are on the ground???

This occurred last week, have not seen any of them since.

we call it Spanish moss here in SC...you go out at night in October
and that stuff floating off the trees, you can get spooked real easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom