A seafood file` gumbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
Very short clip on file` use

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rXXGKDHFrI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rXXGKDHFrI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Great educational video JF. I tried to leave you a video responce on youtube and my stupid eyeball cam broke.. El Cheapo crapo.. I was going to ask you where you got the gumbo? It looked fresh!!!

Regards,
Sapo

well I didn't know, but I do like rice and gumbo...my
neighbor makes all kinds of gumbo stuff and I eat his
a lot, but cajun is an area outside of my expertise.

But as far as rice, South Carolina of course a huge
rice area...I'm about 15 miles from a plantation that
used to produce rice....we eat it here as much as
you do. I grew up in western NC, and even there
rice and gravy or some kind of rice was served
with the majority of meals.

Get down around Charleston, and it's probably the
staple food after seafood.

That truly looks good, JB. I'm gonna have to get myself down to Louisiana soon, it's been so long since I've had any authentic Cajun and Creole cooking. Y'all have some of the best regional cuisine there is.

--John
(And reading James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux books makes me want to see more of bayou country.)

Well us po white small town Texas oil field trash only eat rice for breakfast and that when you too broke to afford bacon and eggs. Always served it with milk..butter and sugar on it. I still can't hardly stand to eat that stuff. Making me get a little queasy in the tum tum just thinking about it.

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
well I didn't know, but I do like rice and gumbo...my
neighbor makes all kinds of gumbo stuff and I eat his
a lot, but cajun is an area outside of my expertise.

But as far as rice, South Carolina of course a huge
rice area...I'm about 15 miles from a plantation that
used to produce rice....we eat it here as much as
you do. I grew up in western NC, and even there
rice and gravy or some kind of rice was served
with the majority of meals.

Get down around Charleston, and it's probably the
staple food after seafood.

Dean sent me some Cappy,
www.charlstonfavrites.com
Its good stuff too, one would have to smell the air in the rice growing area of La, It smells like the gulf. It permeates the rice. Ask GT about cajun popcorn rice...

Big wheel, my Maw maw used to make rice pudding sounds like what you been eatin... Boy. Think rice & and beefy brown gravy BW

Good job JB.
I hate that stuff on gumbo or anything else for that matter.

I'm judging a gumbo cookoff tomorrow and if somebody puts that stuff in the gumbo I'm throwing it out.

But that's just me.

Well I can stand a little rice in savory dishes such as gumbo etc. Just dont hand me nothing sweet with it. Yall ever try subbing cornbread for the rice? Now that make a very good meal and still get plenty of carbs etc. JB I cant never see your pics for some reason. It looks like html or something on this end. Do I need to change some settings or sumthing? Let me know. Thanks.

bigwheel

ronbeaux50 said:
Good job JB.

I'm judging a gumbo cookoff tomorrow and if somebody puts that stuff in the gumbo I'm throwing it out.

But that's just me.

You sure you from La. Ron?

bigwheel said:
Well I can stand a little rice in savory dishes such as gumbo etc. Just dont hand me nothing sweet with it. Yall ever try subbing cornbread for the rice? Now that make a very good meal and still get plenty of carbs etc. JB I cant never see your pics for some reason. It looks like html or something on this end. Do I need to change some settings or sumthing? Let me know. Thanks.

bigwheel

Sapo is 1 of the resident computer geeks, pm him. I cant see your avitar, you must have a setting wrong somewhere's.

Check & see if you can veiw my photos at the photo bucket link below,

jb, I think BW is seeing the link to your pics before the thumbnails load.. It all looks good to me... too good too early...hungry now CK....

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

BW, Go into your profile....way up on top of this page... Make sure that "Always allow HTML:" is set to Yes.

JB, You're so right about the smell of the Campbell popcorn rice. Remember what I first said about it smelling kinda "shrimpy"? .... So THAT's where it comes from ! :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
ronbeaux50 said:
Good job JB.

But that's just me.

Only the last 10 years, the 42 before that were Texas.

ronbeaux50 said:
007bond-jb said:
ronbeaux50 said:
Good job JB.

But that's just me.

Only the last 10 years, the 42 before that were Texas.

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom