5 Dollar a Gallon for Gas is here in SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
CNN just showed several stations selling for well over 5 bucks.
In North Carolina, the Govenor just activated enforcement of
gouging laws becase the pump prices have jumped so high
in anticipation of shortages.

It would be a good thing for all of us to conserve a little for a few days.

some gas stations are rippin the evacuees off down here.. That's so lame. I have all the extra gas I bought for the generator 2 days ago..Start tappin alaska ASAP ;)

what sucks is the stations charging 5 bucks a gallon
for gas they bought for about 3 bucks a gallon, while
oil prices plummeted.

Thanks for caring and being good corporate citizens.

Unfortunately, there is little we can do except stop
patronizing convenience stores for anything except
gas, and limiting our consumption.

The Lieutenant governor told the local cops to bust them.. They took digital pictures of the pump prices and are arresting them.. Go to jail you lamers!!!

surfinsapo said:
The Lieutenant governor told the local cops to bust them.. They took digital pictures of the pump prices and are arresting them.. Go to jail you lamers!!!

yeah baby! jail time! Hurricanes are usually infrequent events
in localities, so it's easy to gouge once and get away with it....
bout time someone cracked down, especially the gasoline
pimps.

Now if we could only get the oil execs in jail.

Yep, gas went from $3.55 to close to $4.50 yesterday near me. And basically it was just because they want to raise the price. Ike was just their excuse. And funny how stations were running out yesterday and they never run out like that before with similar hurricanes moving around in the gulf. It's just manufactured "bull shit".

Seen a station out by the interstate on the way home yesterday had gas at $5.69 a gallon. :x :evil:

Will never do business with them again. Gouging jerks. Hope the po po gets them.

BigGQ said:
Seen a station out by the interstate on the way home yesterday had gas at $5.69 a gallon. :x :evil:

Will never do business with them again. Gouging jerks. Hope the po po gets them.

SC po po will do nothing about it unless they get a complaint.... (just saw that on the news)
Get to calling Garland!

we left Lewiston @ 4am this morning and am sitting in my room just outside of Savana, Ga...We paid around 3.70ish on the way down...filled up here at 4.19, and as I was grabbing my stuff to go into the hotel, it changed to 4.29

Back
Top Bottom