24 hours till Smoke on the Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
The surprise golf game yesterday threw me a little behind in my prep. I've spend most of the afternoon shopping, cleaning coolers, cleaning the WSM, going over checklists.

Looked everywhere for hickory salt, couldn't find it. I've got the definate feeling I'm in over my head. My team consists of me, and
2 yahoos who are coming over Friday night just to drink (my) beer.

They'll leave before midnight, and then I've got to stay sober and awake
till the morning, when I'll pull 70 pounds of butt myself! They give you a case, you cook and chop, they sell it to raise money for the Shriners.

I'm tired already. :)

But the closer I get, the more excited I'm getting. Lots of work to do though.

Relax Capt. I'll bet money you will do fine. Besides, your helping raise money for a good group. Can't wait to hear your results! If I wasn't so far away I'd love to give you a hand. Hey Capt. don't listen to Rempes BS, remeber thats the guy who stores his WSM in the attic. Hey Greg, are you taking it down again this weekend?

Nick Prochilo said:
Relax Capt. I'll bet money you will do fine. Besides, your helping raise money for a good group. Can't wait to hear your results! If I wasn't so far away I'd love to give you a hand. Hey Capt. don't listen to Rempes BS, remeber thats the guy who stores his WSM in the attic. Hey Greg, are you taking it down again this weekend?

UH OH, UH OH, UH OH, UH OH, UH OH!

Cap'n,

You mentioned that you cleaned the WSM. What did you clean? grates, exterior, interior, lid etc ????

I'm sure that you already know that a shiny surface on the interior middle section will give you higher radiant temps...like the first couple of cooks on a WSM...so I'm hoping that you didn't polish the inside to a mirror shine :!:

I dunno, Just make sure that the lid is free of the "flaky stuff" that came come down and ruin your product.

Best of luck to ya! ... Wish I was there!

ScottyDaQ said:
Cap'n,

You mentioned that you cleaned the WSM. What did you clean? grates, exterior, interior, lid etc ????

I'm sure that you already know that a shiny surface on the interior middle section will give you higher radiant temps...like the first couple of cooks on a WSM...so I'm hoping that you didn't polish the inside to a mirror shine :!:

I dunno, Just make sure that the lid is free of the "flaky stuff" that came come down and ruin your product.

Best of luck to ya! ... Wish I was there!

Not to worry Scotty, the inside is not shiny....just clean. I've haven't used it in over a month and it's been warm here (mid 80s) so I don't like cooking in an environment that could be nasty. The temp controls I pretty much have down by now. Back hurts already from all the cleaning and loading. I'm gonna look like the Beverly Hillbillies pulling in there with my Tacoma loaded down! :D

Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jim, a poor record spinner who wasn't very thin. Down in Myrtle Beach he was cookin' up some Q, he put some smoke on his butt and started rubbin' his wood.

Good Luck Cap'n!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce B said:
Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jim, a poor record spinner who wasn't very thin. Down in Myrtle Beach he was cookin' up some Q, he put some smoke on his butt and started rubbin' his wood.

Good Luck Cap'n!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was drinking already... I would have wanted you to finish it. 8-[

Back
Top Bottom