$100 Hamburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
Fla. restaurant sells $100 hamburger

Wed Jun 21, 9:37 AM ET

BOCA RATON, Fla. - A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents — American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

___

On the Net:

Old Homestead Steak House:
http://www.theoldhomesteadsteakhouse.com/index2.htm

Just another sign that the apocalypse is upon us. I’ll take a 1.18 lb pork butt rubbed and smoked to perfection over a $100 burger any day.

If I was going to spend $100 on beef it would be a prime steak cooked to perfection. :(

Chris

$100 is dirt cheap for a burger when you consider you have to first shell out $40,000 and then $3,600 annually for the right to even purchase that burger! :eek:uch: :loony:

I had Koby beef when I was stationed in Japan when Jimmy C the peanut farmer was president. Those beefs are force fed milk and never leave the stall. Really tender, so I would think if a guy was to run one through a grinder, all you'd get would be patee or fancy feast petfood mush. Don't know about the Hombre beefs and American beef....it's where you buy it that makes the difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom