08 peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
I picked some peppers from garden this week.
From left to right they are Habaneros, Hot Cherry, Scotch Bonnet, Jalapeno and Paprika. The yellow ones in the front are called Tn Cheese peppers which have some heat.

The Paprika is a surprise. They are about the size of a large lemon or small peach. They have thick walls and ripen up real easy. When I try for red bell peppers it takes forever to ripen them and the walls are thin.
These Paprika's are sweet and would make great roasted jobs. And, they don't taste like dirt as per someone on here talking about the ground stuff. :LOL: More will be planted next year.

And, oh yeah, the Habs and Bonnets are HOT.

Those look great.

We have had a horrible time this year with our garden. Usually at this time of the year we have picked at least 60 jalapenos and 100 tomatoes. Due to all the rain we have picked 2 tomatoes and no jalapenos.

I think we will have to try the paprika variety. That looks more hardy with the walls being thicker.

All of our local small farmers had a rough go of it this year as well. A bushel of red peppers last year was $15. This year its $22. They just don't have near as many peppers. Pooor quality due to the rain

Back
Top Bottom