wsms and 55 gallon steel drums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
I have heard of folks using the top lids and bottoms of the WSM and adding them to 55 gallon steel drums , would this work adding more smoking space that kinda thing , if anybody knows yall will. So any thoughts ideas ?? I have a friend that gave me 2 - 55 gallon steel drums free , figure might as well put em to good use??

I have two brand new 55 gallon drums on the porch of my shed. I still haven't decided what to do with them. The magnum plans are certainly something to consider.

Diva Q said:
I have two brand new 55 gallon drums on the porch of my shed. I still haven't decided what to do with them. The magnum plans are certainly something to consider.

Just had a friend that welds come by the house and checked the barrels out , he is going to make me 2 double barrel smokers , welding the barrels end to end makeing one door and adding a side fire box one on end and a smoke stack on the other end.

I made a couple drum smokers, and the Weber lids don't fit securely on the lip of the drums-I've talked to people that say they fit on theirs, but all the barrels I tried they didn't. So I took a rustbucket kettle and cut the top 2" off it and have a ring that I slip into the drum and it holds the lid firmly in place if I want to do a turkey or chik-cans.
Pics coming!

Heres mine:
img_90113_0_27eef8d7bbabbf47d623d0e48fc59077.jpg

Back
Top Bottom