Where to buy non galvenized light steel for the baffle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Im trying to do the mods as described here: http://www.homebbq.com/library/SmokerModifications.pdf.

One of the supplies needed is "One piece of unpainted, non-galvenized 22 to 16 gauge light steel for the baffle".

I have no idea what this would otherwise be used for so I wasnt sure where to find this at Lowes. I asked one of the workers, they didnt have a clue.

Does anyone know where I can get this?

Thanks

chris1237 said:
When I did that mod to my silver smoker i got it at home depot.

Chris

I guess I should of stopped there too. What department is it in? How do you cut that stuff?

You should be able to find it at Lowe's. I believe the Lowe's in my town has it one aisle over from the speciality nuts, bolts, and fasteners. Ask for where the inch flat bar is, it should be right next to it.

Bruce B said:
Go to WallyWorld and buy a cheap aluminum cookie sheet and cut your own.

Great idea Bruce! You can get a full sheet pan for $7 and you know it's food grade to boot!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":4wcsfu7s]Go to WallyWorld and buy a cheap aluminum cookie sheet and cut your own.

Great idea Bruce! You can get a full sheet pan for $7 and you know it's food grade to boot!!![/quote:4wcsfu7s]

That's why they pay me the big bucks.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2lf7twjm][quote="Bruce B":2lf7twjm]Go to WallyWorld and buy a cheap aluminum cookie sheet and cut your own.

Great idea Bruce! You can get a full sheet pan for $7 and you know it's food grade to boot!!![/quote:2lf7twjm]

That's why they pay me the big bucks.[/quote:2lf7twjm]
:shock:

At restaurant supply stores they got heavy commercial grade aluminum cookie sheets I have 3 & they are under 15 bucks each

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom