What can I do with leftover smoker parts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trobinson017

Assistant Cook
Hello all!

I have a defunct CharBroil Electric H2O smoker. The bottom part containing the electric heating element
rusted out completely and was thrown out. What I have left is the barrel (body), lid, grates and water pan.
I've already bought and modified a Brinkmann charcoal smoker (ECB). I realize I could have just fashioned some legs
for the Charbroil body and put legs on a firepan to convert it to a charcoal smoker, but I just didn't think
of it before buying/mod'ing the ECB. Apart from doing that and having a second smoker is there anything
else anyone can think of that I can do with the leftover barrel and lid? One thought I just had was to
split the barrel in half lengthwise and try to turn it into a horizontal barrel grill/smoker. It'd be small, but
portable for tailgating and such. I'm not sure the metal is thick enough for that (heat retention). I was also trying to see
how I could marry the two smoker barrels together to make a double smoker with a single fire source. Maybe
even stack them to make a super tall smoker. I dunno. Just tossing around ideas. I'd hate to just throw it out as
it is still serviceable with a couple mods.

Any creative ideas out there?

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom