Trident 1 test burn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got the charcoal basket built taday as well as the ash pan, soooo.......
img_188891_0_d91479f84fb4bc7d058f659f04e926c7.jpg

The ol girl be puffin along, ya can't hardly see the smoke but it be thin an blue!

img_188891_1_3870dd7e49bab72fb984f45c8b8bd6e9.jpg

250° in bout 40 minutes, an it's rainin! Gonna take her up well beyond that ta cure the paint some more an just make sure the inside be cured well an anythin left ta burn out is gone.

Tammarraw I'm plannin on doin 4 racks a spareribs fer her first true smoke!

For an UDS, that thang sur is purty....some good ideas incorporated into it as well. I gat a barrel, but ain't yet started workin on it..
dj

I ran er upta 400° fer a bit, then throtteled back ta 250°, after 8 hours was it had dropped ta 200°, gave er a shake ta knock the ash offin the coals an climbed right back ta 225°. At that point I wen't ta bed. I'm guessin it's gonna hold temps perty well.

Looks good but will have to agree with DJ that thang is too purty to be a UDS. Let us call it a PDS (Purty Drum Smoker). It even got wheels. Whut a deal.

bigwheel

Yeppers pile them firebricks as high as they will go along the sides too. The mo the merrier. My old snnp would hold 22 and talk about helping a cooking device..will say it was helpful. Now it will sink in the mud when it rains. Course you got wheels on that fancy smancy deal you got. Prob just take a wrecker to get that outta the mud hole..or have yourself a few pickle buckets and load it up with bricks when you need to move it. Or if etc. I carried several pickle buckets full of firebricks in the back of the pickup wherever I went back in the good old days. Should work.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom