The WSM is here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
When I got home form work today it was wateing for the front door step. Maybe tommorrow Ill put some charcoal in it to burn off some of the factory oil.
Also I know it is is good to leave the top damper wide open. What should I do with the bottom 3 dampers? Also how many lit coals should I use to start it? When I bbq with it about how much wood should I put in?

here is a pic

Thanks,
Chris

Take lots of pics before you cook on your new toy 'cause she'll never be that clean again! :razz:

I switched over to the Guru early on in my BBQ learning process so I'm not a good source, butt, I did a search on this board and found 96 returns on "Minion Method" or, you can read it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak here. Good Luck with her! :(

Fill the entire pan with lump then soak it with lighter fluid. let it soak for a few secs then light it off. Add as much wood as you can fit in the thing and let it rip! when it's all abalze try and put the lid on it. You might need to use a rake to do this. Keep on feeding the fire till the whole thing is cherry red then dowse it with some peanut oil to really get the fire going. Yep, that should do it! :razz:

zilla said:
Fill the entire pan with lump then soak it with lighter fluid. let it soak for a few secs then light it off. Add as much wood as you can fit in the thing and let it rip! when it's all abalze try and put the lid on it. You might need to use a rake to do this. Keep on feeding the fire till the whole thing is cherry red then dowse it with some peanut oil to really get the fire going. Yep, that should do it! :razz:

Hey zilla I got some left over fireworks from 4th should I toss them in there too? And I was thinking of putting it in the bed of my dads picup and have him drive while I do this. Does that sound good? :razz:

BTW thanks Joker for the links.

chris

Sorry that "96 Links" link didn't work but I think you can figure it out. :(

chris1237 said:
When I got home form work today it was wateing for the front door step. Maybe tommorrow Ill put some charcoal in it to burn off some of the factory oil.
Also I know it is is good to leave the top damper wide open. What should I do with the bottom 3 dampers? Also how many lit coals should I use to start it? When I bbq with it about how much wood should I put in?

here is a pic

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,
Load charcoal pan full of charcoal and put 4 or 5 fist sized pieces of wood in strategically placed in the coals. Leave a small depression in the charcoal to pour your lit coal into. Light approx 12 to 15 coals and when they ash over pour them into the depression you made. Have all vent wide open until you temps get to 200* - 210*, then close all the bottom vents to about 1/3 open. That's all there is to it. 8-[

(this is for a long cook)

chris1237 said:
zilla said:

Hey zilla I got some left over fireworks from 4th should I toss them in there too? And I was thinking of putting it in the bed of my dads picup and have him drive while I do this. Does that sound good? :razz:

chris

Yes thats perfect but you have to take some pics. :!:

zilla said:
chris1237 said:
zilla said:

chris

Yes thats perfect but you have to take some pics. :!:

Will do :grin:

Congrats on the new toy ! Be prepared for your first cook to run hot as its relecting around inside...mine ran at 277...once it got "seasoned" it ran fine...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom