Smoker Up Date 8/25/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Monday and I started workin on the exhaust and air inlet vent. I completed the inlet by installing a 2 inch x 11 inch square HVAC adjust floor & wall register.
Then cut a 6 inch round hole in the roof for flue.
Then I just could wait any longer to see how this rocket would fly so I lit the burner! [smilie=a_yumdumdoodledum.gif]
Now I know later on the flue height will make things act differ from today, but it was a pretty smooth test run.
Had to damper down the flue hole, but once she warmed up, she ran 165 to 175 degrees nice and slow on a low setting
Still got plenty to do before she really ready, but things are lookin good.

Any advice?

Northsmoke said:
Any advice?

I have some..... do me up some smoke trout or salmon

Ohhhhhhhh...you said advice!......I thought you were taking orders ;) :D

Your rig looks pretty good to me so far.....logistically I don't see any flaws in the slaw. Keep us posted!

Ahhhhh ..........My first customer! [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

And the sweet taste of sucess!
Don't worry as my first customer you get extra special treatment and it won't cost hardly anything at all. [smilie=hump.gif]

Glad you like the smoker.

Ok, took her for a real test run today. Fired her up and seasoned her for 4 hours, workin pretty good.
Anyone know if they sell a small thin gasket to help seal the doors?

Thanks witt & jack, hopin to find a thin gasket, not to thick like a rope type.
I'll be checkin around.
Man my box pit can hold a nice steady 200 degrees easyyyyy! [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif] I'm very pleased with her, although my wife took a couple of shots at her from the house with a 22 cal.
Hey do they make bullet proof vest to fit my baby?

Back
Top Bottom