Smaller smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Korben

Assistant Cook
I have searcher for several days on here to try and get an answer to this question and have found some info but nothing very direct. For the next year I am stuck in an apartment (and could possibly be in one longer). I was wondering what is a good smaller smoker I could place on my balcony (our complex doesn't seem to care if you have a grill) I have narrowed down between the Brinkmann Electric Gourmet or the WSM. I have heard good things about both. I know the WSM is more expensive but if there is a large gap in quality I would rather have the higher quality smoker. Which of these two would be best or is there another smoker I should consider. I really would like to be able to smoke ribs and maybe a smaller shoulder or butt.

Thanks!

If it was me and my apartment complex allowed a smoker on the balcony, it would be a WSM. I'm a little biased, but IMO you can't buy a better smoker for the money. It will give you great results for a small footprint on the balcony.

Good luck!

The WSM was the way I was leaning. I started looking at the Brinkmann at the suggestion of a friend who's apartment complex allows electric and gas grills but not charcoal ones (weird rules). I tried his ribs and they were pretty good, not the best but still had a nice flavor.

Korben said:
The WSM was the way I was leaning. I started looking at the Brinkmann at the suggestion of a friend who's apartment complex allows electric and gas grills but not charcoal ones (weird rules). I tried his ribs and they were pretty good, not the best but still had a nice flavor.

Get the WSM and see if you can blow him off his balcony with your ribs!

bbquzz said:
My vote is a WSM, check out BeeRich's post Brisket Strategies http://tinyurl.com/yjcs4uf, he has a video of his WSM on a balcony, looks like it works well.
Nope. That's my deck. Double car garage wide, and plenty deep to put a hot-tub on.

I will say I had a Brinkmann smoker (not the same as what you are considering) and it doesn't compare to the WSM I use. Much much better than the Brinkmann.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom