NEW 250GAL PROPANE TANK BUILD IDEAS NEEDED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigsal51

Cook
Let me start by saying Hello from Katy Texas.
I have been looking for ideas on this smoker. It is a 30" by 7' tank and the firebox is going to be 20" and I have 6' of it. I dont know if I should do a side by side or do an offset with that pipe. I can get 5" pipe for inlets for a sidebyside or just do and offset and reverse flow. I want to be able to put it in my garage so trailer size will be in mind.

img_188997_0_264569f3e7a2b6749916a12eadfb52d2.jpg

img_188997_1_a6de0c61986542aa33381f76664583ba.jpg

this is an idea i got from our company smoker it also has a propane assist.
img_188997_2_19adb2632e395c5484b12644c71f265b.jpg

Looks like ya got a great start there .... cant wait to see it filled with beef

Ping Bill The Grill Guy, he has made many of these and his cookers are very well designed and built. He's also a nice guy that will always lend a hand with ideas!

I also have a Propane tank smoker on a trailer and I designed it to fit in my garage. Click on the pic for a slideshow from the first cook and now with addittions complete. Maybe it will give you some ideas. Also I live in Copperfield, just a few miles from Katy. You are more than welcome to come by and take a look if you want to.

thank you Ron I will take that invite. I will be going back home on tuesday and will be starting to weld on wednesday or thursday maybe we can get in contact so i can see your smoker. Thanks again.

I will have to go measure. A friend of the family did all the welding. This is his first smoker and he started with an axel and the tank. Everything is custom. I walked with him at a larger cook off with over 100 teams, I showed him what I liked and did not like and he cam up with the current design. I have added quite a bit from the first "finished" product and may add lights next. Any more questions I will be happy to answer.

Back
Top Bottom