Lookee what I found.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well depends on what species of snapper you are speaking of. A few folks now deceased have accused me of being full of shit a few times..but not often..lol.

Do you mean you killed the people who said you were full of shit? Dude, I was joking! Seriously though, snappin turtles can be pretty good, garfish....I just can't get on board with this idea..

Yep..inside the barrell that would get plenty hot enough. Notice the high dollar Smoke n Tex's have two 750 watters. One thousand should work just as well in a insulated box.

Ok, It's decided. ordering now. If this works, I will clean and eat the next gar I catch!

Yeah I have used mine before on a pot of oil when I was deep frying some chicken. Worked out ok took a little while to get up to temp, but what do you expect got the oil up to 375° and it sustained it.

So, I just remembered that I have one of those electric charcoal starter deals. Someone gave it to me a long time ago and I never used it. Well, I'm using it now in my free electric smoker. It burns wood and makes smoke, with a temp at the top grate at 120* steady. I may have a good cold-smoker when it gets cooler outside. It's about 88* degrees out right now, (thank god it finally rained last night and cooled off a bit, this 100+ ******** might be fun for some of you southern boys, but not for my Nebraska ass). Amazon was out of stock of the cheap hotplate, but now I think I want to smoke some cheese.

That aint the purpose for which that loop was intended but might work for a bit. Let us know about that. Hey I found a link some might like. It appears to a crude interaction between januine Tex Mex and some kinda exotic New Mexico style. It got a bit confusing aid noticed why they make such crappy enchiladas over there. Kindly dont try following any recipes without checking back. Thanks.
Main Dishes of New Mexico

Last edited:
Well, it aint the purpose the hotplate was intended for either! lol. it's been going for about 4 hours now, I'm keeping an eye on it, while I have a brisket in the regular BGES, and it's working fine so far. I wrapped both grates in foil, as a kind of heat baffle, and it's at around 110* How cool does it need to be to smoke cheese?

Well I have a couple of them crazy things around here somewhere...they have lasted a long time but aint seen much use since Uncle Ben invented the propane flame thrower. Sorta mad they got out dated before being able to try one out. Have a feeling they might have went incognito from the last yard sale. Know I aint noticed either one here lately anyway.

I just put my charcoal can on my turkey fryer burner for a couple seconds. I guess I'm misusing those too. I also use the fryer for brewing beer, I've never actually fried a turkey.

Fried turkey is moist and delicious, I have a turkey fryer but have only had the opportunity to use it once. The kids have gotten a hold of the pot and now it has more dents than Larry's head!

I've definitely enjoyed fried turkey, just never made it. If I'm cooking the turkey, it will be smoked! Who's Larry?

Back
Top Bottom