How long do you last ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
No not that ! Im talking about the wood or charcoal in your pits ... I was talking to joker who told me 1 load in his wsm lasted 22 hours...I add to my pit every 90 min or so depending on the weather, wind ect...what about you guys with pits..?

John,

I also have a WSM, the longest cook I've had without adding additional charcoal has been 18 1/2 hours. When it was finished though there was still coals left.

If you really want to be amazed, try some Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcoal, I did a pork butt cook with it and had a full charcoal ring in the WSM. The butts were done after 16 hours. I let the cooker keep going just to test the charcoal...33 hours I was still running a temp of 239, when I shut it down. Unbelievable stuff!!!!!

It will also depend if you have a WSM or an off-set. There is no way a stick burner would last for 22 hrs on a load of wood or coal.

I have gotten 22hrs out of a full load of Kingsford a few times but it was during the summertime!

Ok, what about you guys with pits ?

Im guessing I may have to get a WSM just for convienence cooking !

nmayeux said:
I add a stick every 45 - 75 minutes, but considering the size of the sticks and the grill, I'm not complaining!

I'm with you on this. I never use charcoal though. Well, rarely! About every 45 min to 1 hr.

Back
Top Bottom