Hi all, Guru tip for cooking in bad weather.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROB O

Senior Cook
Hi all,

Just got off the phone w/Shot Gun Fred. Thought this might be worth mentioning.

It's not a good idea to use the Guru in the rain. But it's also not a difficult problem to correct.

Take a clear plastic sandwich bag, punch it through the back of the unit then place the unit back into the vent cylinder.

That way you can still adjust the controls if necessary and the unit will stay dry.

That's a good tip, Rob. He told me about that one over the summer... :oops: Hopefully, there isn't another meaning for this post?? :shock:

Just thought maybe yours got wet resulting in your call to Shotgun Fred. Glad that's not the case. 8)

Chris Finney said:
So the Guru isn't built for the weather?!?! :? That certianly is usefull info.

Thanks for sharing that knowledge with us, BILL. :x
I know I posted something about that way back when over on TVWB but I'm sure it got deleted when I started on my "Delete Frenzy"! :shock:

Actually, I thought that had been covered a while back... I could be wrong though... [-(

Bill Hays said:
Just thought maybe yours got wet resulting in your call to Shotgun Fred. Glad that's not the case. 8)

Welll.... actually yeah that is the case. I'm taking a shot at drying it out. If not I'll be sending it back to Fred......

Bill Hays said:
[quote="Chris Finney":rsmphrv2]So the Guru isn't built for the weather?!?! :? That certianly is usefull info.

Thanks for sharing that knowledge with us, BILL. :x
I know I posted something about that way back when over on TVWB but I'm sure it got deleted when I started on my "Delete Frenzy"! :shock:

Actually, I thought that had been covered a while back... I could be wrong though... [-([/quote:rsmphrv2]
And here's the thread. It's not about the Guru but about protecting electronics from the elements. This is one of the threads I was thinking about...

Back
Top Bottom