Facelift for The Ole Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
Well folks, you've probably seen pics of the Ole Boy circa 1965 AD from some of my previous posts. I've decided to give him alittle update.

img_198243_0_8e05b795bff2a982c7ec91388f8a3126.jpg

Gonna install a new thermostat for the lid

Replace the railway cart steel wheels with 4 new 10" rubber tires & wheels (rated 300 lb. load weight each)

Install a firebox on one end of him for a offset smoker setup

That ought to about do it. I'll keep you udated with pics of the progress & outcome.

8)

Hey BluzQue, :LOL: there's always a extra tag around your pics?...you got something dorked up. You don't need to click the Img button up top when posting...just use the code from photobucket. (IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended)

looking forward to the completed pics!

appreciate info ScottyDaQ Been wonderin' bout that :roll: New at this postin' thing :oops:

8)

Thanks much DJ & Hillbilly Got the firebox attached tonight. There's a slight gap in a couple of places. Smoker wall a little bowed, probably from heat thru the many years of use. Got any ideas on how I can seal this?

8)

BluzQue said:
Thanks much DJ & Hillbilly Got the firebox attached tonight. There's a slight gap in a couple of places. Smoker wall a little bowed, probably from heat thru the many years of use. Got any ideas on how I can seal this?

8)

More weld !

Yall can get a product called "fire caulk" made just for boilers an woodburners. Farmstores an fireplace dealers otta have it. It's red, don't get it on ya lessin ya really like the color!

Thanks Hillbilly. Turns out after I got it bolted on good.....she looks tight as a drum. I'll know for sure when I fire it up.

8)

Back
Top Bottom