Cost of Trident 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Well sat down an added it all up, Trident 1 cost about $230.75 ta build, now that be a fair piece but $100 a that was in paint! That ceramic high temp paint sure ain't cheap!

I thin she be worth ever penny of it though.

Know ifin uncle same builds a Trident it costs in the millions, so we got a real bargain here!

Think my old pal Rocky Richmond coulda prob sent you one in the brown truck mo cheaper than that :shock: Is that the kind of ceramic paint they use on the Space Shuttle? Dave Klose say he had some one time seems like..but not sure a hundred bucks could cover the stuff he had. Or maybe the price has dropped nowadays? Know it sure worked like that on digital watches and pocket calculators. First LCD watch I ever seen cost 400 bucks. You can get it now for less than a buck if you buy by the gross. Economy sized box full etc.

bigwheel

I new the paint was gonna be expensive, but this en gonna get some use fer caterin to, so guess it be worth that fer advertisin reason to.

Next one gonna be stainless steel.

Any others I build will be just black which be cheaper by a bunch.

Hillbilly,

Stainless will be nice. I am not familiar with drum smokers but I used engine paint (temps up to 2k degrees, I am pretty sure) on my smoker and it does not let off fumes or burn. Is this something you can use or is it just the amount of are you are covering. Seems like awful expensive paint you had to use.

Take care,
Bryan

Well, we started out with the ceramic primer, then the orange an blue an top coated everthin with clear. Might not a had ta used the clear, but this thin gonna get a work out, so, after goin ta all the trouble figured might as well do it up right!

This paint be good ta 2000° an I had ta cure it with a propane turbo torch! Don't figure that drum will ever get that hot again. Bein ceramic, it should take a pert good beatin to.

Figure the stainless drum next an maybe just a black one after that, 3 of em should keep us in a fair amount a smoked goodies!

Sure nice ta smoke on.

Back
Top Bottom