Cliff's UDS Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocky sent me 4 BDS last year. 3 to send to Iraq and 1 to keep. It worked pretty well but I did not want to keep anything and gave it to my local VFD.

Keep us posted man on how the whole build is going and how it works.

Good luck!

Maybe a can of High Temp Black Engine Spray paint might be cool.

Let us know how it cooks is the main thing.

Bravo

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":1pmi24rl]A Star is Born.

This is one ugly drum. ;)

Wish ya was closer....I could get the entire drum Teflon coated
(cooking surface Teflon) for you, inside and out.
[/quote:1pmi24rl]

This smoker is too butt ugly to spend money doing that SJ. It is going to fit right in with my old truck with the bullet hole in the passager door.

Cliff H. said:
This smoker is too butt ugly to spend money doing that SJ. It is going to fit right in with my old truck with the bullet hole in the passager door.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, I see the start of a new thread here. Lets here this one. ;)

cliff ive been wanting to make one of those also...
few questions

what are you using to burn the coal on.

how do you get the ash out.

if i made a gas one would a cast iron skillet for smoking wood on top of the burner be enough to prevent a grease fire

crazyhorse said:
cliff ive been wanting to make one of those also...
few questions

what are you using to burn the coal on.

how do you get the ash out.

if i made a gas one would a cast iron skillet for smoking wood on top of the burner be enough to prevent a grease fire

I am using my wsm ring and grates. I have the grates perched on four 1" BI couplings. That works ok but I like the idea of perching the charcoal grates on the intakes themselves. I didn't do that because I went with two larger intakes.

I do not know about the gas business. ;) I do know that drums are so air tight that it would be worse than trying to rig a gas wsm. I bet you would be cooking over orange flames.

On edit I should note that the wsm ring is only a temporary arrangement. I intend to build a basket that does not require me to stick my head in the drum to retrieve.

Nick Prochilo said:
Cliff, with reguards to the two intakes, why did you extend them up the sides like that?

Nick,

I did that to keep from standing on my head to adjust the vents. Air is Air no matter were it draws from. ;) ( Plus it looks cool )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom