Brazing or welding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigsal51

Cook
I was looking at the gas welding or brazing and it looks clean and easy. So would you gas weld you smoker or arc. Pros and cons.

Well having spent a previous existence as a welder person..will tell you now gas welding and braising is two different ball games. Gas welding works ok for for thin stuff (sheet metal)...braising back in my day was usually reserved for stuff which could not be welded too readily..cast iron for example. If you want to do some real welding get your pinche caverone coola to Tractor Supply and buy a Lincoln Arc Welder...aka a Cracker Box. That will weld bout anything cept a broken heart and the break of day...crack of dawn or plumber cracks etc. Now for car radiators it needs solder. Dont try to braise that. You look over and the fill hole starts sinking...then you say...Rut Row. Kindly dont axe me how I figgered this out. Now dont take this wrong I can gas weld stuff half an inch thick but it can get expunsive considering the price of the components. It you aint puddling the metals a person aint welding. I know a lot mo if you curious. I can tell you how to mend an engine block using Calf liver if you need to know. Let me know thanks.

bigwheel

bigsal51 said:
I was looking at the gas welding or brazing and it looks clean and easy. So would you gas weld you smoker or arc. Pros and cons.

What exactly are you gong to do ? That will really decide what you need. I have a stick welder, a small 110 mig welder, a 210 mig welder and brazing tips for my torches, Each one will do seperate jobs, but the 220 mig will do just about anything. Its also all about practice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom