BBQ Guru power supply

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those smaller ones should work fine. I read some threads on TVWBB and they were talking about how the packs last through a comp. with no problems at all.

yea - like, what's a guru? You mean you leave your pit? Alone? All by himself? Haven't you ever heard of the BPSAA? That's the Barbeque Pit and Smoker Abandonment Act? There's the possibility of heavy fines and confiscation of your pit.

Don't see how the Guru works, and not sure if I'd trust it. How's it gonna put more wood on for you. How's it gonna turn down the heat, without moving the dampers? Besides it takes all the fun out of Qin'! Might as well hire someone else to cook for you too.

txpgapro said:
Don't see how the Guru works, and not sure if I'd trust it. How's it gonna put more wood on for you. How's it gonna turn down the heat, without moving the dampers? Besides it takes all the fun out of Qin'! Might as well hire someone else to cook for you too.

Now that would take all the fun out of it!

Hey Bob, welcome aboard! :( I'm sure Pigs has a few questions for ya. :winkie:

Hey BBQ Bob, welcome. Have you downloaded your aviator?, and is it the right size. They have to be 150x150 pix. Give it a try and post often

Bryan S said:
Here's a pic of my portable power setup. Picked up the jumper pack at Wal Mart for $32.84. I like not having to mess the extension cords and such.

Bryan how long can the Guru run off of that power pack? Will it run 110V or is it 12V.

Re: BBQ Guru

BBQ Bob Trudnak said:
...The Coleman Powermate 300 amp jump start battery pack is an excellent choice for portable power while using the Guru. You will get about a week or two worth of cooks on a full charge. The Guru comes with a 12 v to 110- adaptor for connecting to household power...

Answer, Larry! :!:

Re: BBQ Guru

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="BBQ Bob Trudnak":gs8dle69]...The Coleman Powermate 300 amp jump start battery pack is an excellent choice for portable power while using the Guru. You will get about a week or two worth of cooks on a full charge. The Guru comes with a 12 v to 110- adaptor for connecting to household power...

Answer, Larry! :!:[/quote:gs8dle69]

I wasn't sure if what Bryan had was the one Bob was referring to. I think there was a pic of another one too. $32, is a steal for something like that!!

Bryan S said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1n0uuwyi]

Bryan how long can the Guru run off of that power pack? Will it run 110V or is it 12V.
Larry, I did 2 cooks with it for a total of about 31 hrs and still had a charge. 12V[/quote:1n0uuwyi]

What's the name/model number on the powerpack?

Back
Top Bottom