5 Day Build ...(Pics added)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem and no offense taken. I guess I coulda photoshopped her , but she's an adult and I have total trust in any decisions she makes.

Besides she can take care of herself quite well, she hefted the other end of that 186 lb. porker with the 40+ lbs. of stainless it sat on, into the cooker without a problem. She's a strong farmgirl that can outwork some men into shame.

OK... proud dad turns into bragging soon.......I'll stop.

<tears>...... no one even looked at my cooker did they?..... they got to the pig pic and froze......<tears>...........LOL

Well, I was gonna mention that your pit looks similar to Pigs' but much cleaner! :grin: :grin: Then, I got sidetracked... :) We could use another strong person on this board to put people like Finney and Puff in their place. :( Sign her up!!

Who started it post # 14 :)

Smokey, that is one fine looking cooker =D>
You should make some more and give me one to try out :!:

Puff said:

I appologized for starting it. What have you had to say? :)

Thank you PUFF for your kind words......... do you live anywhere near me?

North Central Massachusetts

I want to gather some pointers from all you pros here before I start another one..... sooooooooooooooo many people local since I built this last week already want one. I had to put the cooker out in the backyard strategicly placed where it can't be seen from the road. 3 total strangers stopped to inquire if it's for sale........I just built it July 21,2006.

Is there that much of a demand for these things? If there is, I might be interested in making a few. I thought if I made one, I could sell stuff I cooked om it, never thought of making and selling cookers.....who knows??????

Smokey_Joe said:

I want to gather some pointers from all you pros here before I start another one..... sooooooooooooooo many people local since I built this last week already want one. I had to put the cooker out in the backyard strategicly placed where it can't be seen from the road. 3 total strangers stopped to inquire if it's for sale........I just built it July 21,2006.

Is there that much of a demand for these things? If there is, I might be interested in making a few. I thought if I made one, I could sell stuff I cooked om it, never thought of making and selling cookers.....who knows??????
I'm just outside of Detroit.
Smokey I don't consider myself a pro :)
But from the looks of it ,I would say your'e on to something!.

Smokey_Joe said:

Tell them "Yes", and quote way more than you want. 8-[
If you get it..................... 8-[

The Joker said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":js89xxt2]UMMMMMMMMMMMM..........LMAO

yeah that is my 18 year old daughter.....can you believe she posed with it, but wouldn't eat any?
You have a beautiful daughter and I sincerely applogize for starting this tangent thread. :)[/quote:js89xxt2]

The Joker said:
Puff said:

You're FIRED!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":2t8z8x4v][quote="Smokey_Joe":2t8z8x4v]UMMMMMMMMMMMM..........LMAO

yeah that is my 18 year old daughter.....can you believe she posed with it, but wouldn't eat any?
You have a beautiful daughter and I sincerely applogize for starting this tangent thread. :)[/quote:2t8z8x4v]

The Joker said:
Puff said:

You're FIRED!![/quote:2t8z8x4v]
Damn "PP" key keepps double ckicking... #-o

no problem and no offense taken

I fear more what happens when she leaves with her friends to go out....... then people having a bit of fun on the internet.

Either way I :const: "modified picture for content" :const: to stop people from feeling bad.

"Lifes too short to NOT have fun"

Smokey

Northsmoke said:
DANG NAB BIT!
How come I never saw this post before? And how did ya clean your tank out?
That baby is one fine monster!

Was a "supposed" new old style tank the plumbing supply place had kickin' around out back.....bought it discounted...

I used a gallon of "Castrol Super Clean" and scrubbed in out really well and rinsed it..then burnt the inside with a couple gallons of "Coleman Lantern Fuel"......that stuff burns HOT Boy! It seemed clean...I just didn't want to take any chances.

Now... if I take Route 7 North from Connecticut I shouldn't have any problem pickin it up.... [smilie=a_hrm.gif] I mean lookin at it. [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Northsmoke said:
Now... if I take Route 7 North from Connecticut I shouldn't have any problem pickin it up.... [smilie=a_hrm.gif] I mean lookin at it. [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

[smilie=nonono.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif] .......now if you had just "asked" to have it first............ ;) :LOL:

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="hitched to the kitchen":vp1kfy98]SJ,
do you mind sharing some details on the dimensions of that thing?

HttK

I'll get some for you a little later today[/quote:vp1kfy98]

OK...I know I promised you some dimensions, but I got busy with another project (other post) and I forgot. ... BUT ... I'll throw up some extra pics from building it in the meantime... I promise I'll take some measurements tomorrow.

Not making excuses (but I am..LOL) but reminding you , this was thrown together from scrap in a rush and only 5 days, from crap to cooking.

"CLICKABLE" thumbnails

Had an old snowmobile trailer.... stripped the decking and added some camper jack stands.

Chopped the top off an old "Rightway" brand woodstove and put the outlet into the back of the oil barrel.... and later cut exit hole in back of stove.

Built a diverter over the opening to the stove to make the heat & smoke a little less direct and to hopefully make it "swirl" down the bottom some and come back up the other side of barrel.....ended up working perfectly.
All the black inside the barrel is the remnants from burning the inside with the Coleman fuel.

Welding And using a plasma cutter without shirt is NOT reccomended....it WILL sunburn you a GOOD ONE! But the tan is leaves is quick and easy!!!! 8)

Like I said....it surely is a conglomoration!!!!! A few welds here and there were thrown on by our 9 year old son... he's learning slowly.

Not sure what you need for measurements and what you don't. I'll list a bunch and if there's something I missed that you want/need.....just ask.

Here goes......

Basic trailer is 4'6" wide x 8' long.....with a 4' long tongue

The cooker/barrel is 5' long x 46" tall x 28" wide......it has 3 exhaust vents, 2 that measure 2&1/2" diameter and a center one that measures 5" in diameter

The rotisserie will rotate a maximum 24"-26" diameter x 55" long "product"

The rotisserie rod is a solid 1" high grade stainless (Hastaloy I believe?)
It measures 10' long ... it hangs out each end 2'6"s for ease of lifting off/out. On each end of barrel it rides on a 6" square x 2" thick bronze block. From spit rest/bracket to spit rest/bracket is 60"s.

The rotisserie end cages are 22" in diameter and have 3/8" rods to cage the meat end-to-end

The stove/firebox is 36" wide x 24" deep x 20" tall, with an 8" outlet and 5 adjustable air inlets.... one on each side that measure 6" x 2" and 3 across the front that measure 5" x 2" each....the barrel/cooker also has an air inlet on one bottom end that measures 6" x 10" which also makes easy access to clean the bottom of barrel/cooker.

The top surface of firebox is 22" x 36" which provides a good flat surface for pots of boiling water or cooking or warming things etc...

The seat/storage box across the front is 4' wide x 10" x 12" deep

And the table/work surface I recently added is 68" wide x 36" deep and is hinged to fold back up over the storage box towards cooker for traveling/towing. The 2" x 2" angled braces under the work surface lift off and store on the floor of trailer along with the gear reduction electric motor unit for the rotisserie

Hope I covered what you were looking for

Hey Smokey,
That picture of me is on the Farmington River where it comes out of Mass.

And just to let you know, you forgot to take your Christmas lights down! [smilie=a_rolling.gif]
Might as well leave them, Christmas is just around the corner! [smilie=a_santa.gif]

Northsmoke said:
Hey Smokey,
That picture of me is on the Farmington River where it comes out of Mass.

And just to let you know, you forgot to take your Christmas lights down! [smilie=a_rolling.gif]
Might as well leave them, Christmas is just around the corner! [smilie=a_santa.gif]

That's the Redneck in me ....BOY!

You mean that you don't use X-Mas lights all year long? :LOL:

I gotz them strung out by the horse-shoe pits too and on the side of my garage in the shape of a giant Chevy Bowtie......the neighbors just A love me!!!!!!! [smilie=a_upsidedown.gif]

Back
Top Bottom