Hawaiian Chicken Wings
This is a recipe found on Recipezaar submitted by Erin Clotfelter. I made this for supper last night and it was a real hit. Next time I will omit the salt in the flour as it was a bit much for our taste with the soy sauce. I didn't have any jalapenos on hand so left those out this time.
4 lbs chicken wings, tips discarded, cut in half
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
oil (to fry)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapenos
1. In a large plastic bag, combine flour and salt.
2. Add wings in small batches, toss to coat.
3. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 350F degrees.
4. Fry wings a few at a time, until juices run clear, about 9 minutes.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, and jalapeno.
7. Dip fried wings in the sauce.
8. Serve immediately.