Wine Festivals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Ah ha, now we have solved the street fetivals delema what about at wine festivals.

The lady I talked to said there is a guy who will be selling NC Q there, one guy doing crab cakes and shrimp on a stick. I was thinking maybe some chicken and beef kabobs with an order of rice. What do you guys think? What should I charge for that?

If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Maybe think about serving or wrapping the kabob on a piece of pita bread.

Bruce B said:
If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Not sure about holding the rice. How ever the chinees resturants do it all the time. Maybe cook the rice and cool it down, then reheat amounts at a time? And yep, thought about the pita bread. I liked it but the wife didnt.

Greg Rempe said:
How about Fresh cut french fries instead...or just the kabobs and forget the rice!

I dont have a fryer for the fries. What kind of food have you seen at these things Greg?

Bruce B said:

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!!

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Bruce B":2bz5lj4y]If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!![/quote:2bz5lj4y]

I can't tell...you think this is a good price or a bad price.... [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Just talked to the organizer of this wine festival. She said that the guy last year that "wont be back ever again" did chicken and shrimp kabobs with rice charged 5.50 for chicken and 7.00 for the shrimp. I was thinking 6 for the chicken and 7 for beef. By the way, he sold out the first day of the festival and ended up scrambling the next day. This will only be a one day event and she expects well over 800 people.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Helen_Paradise":46fltb8m][quote="Bruce B":46fltb8m]If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!![/quote:46fltb8m]

I can't tell...you think this is a good price or a bad price.... [smilie=a_whyme.gif][/quote:46fltb8m]

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!!=Good I didn't think about like that...but the !! meant good. Our Greek Fest sells chicken pita for 7 bucks. The gyros sold for $6.50. About right...overpriced, but I would pay the 7 bucks at a wine fest.

Bill: Don't forget bland crackers, water, and a spit bucket!!!! ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":2hdfquyo]How about Fresh cut french fries instead...or just the kabobs and forget the rice!

I dont have a fryer for the fries. What kind of food have you seen at these things Greg?[/quote:2hdfquyo]

Bill I have a turkey fryer and the propane burner if you would like to use it. If you follow the french fry route I would highly suggest doing fried sweet potato fries too!

it's a wine festival...definately offer the shrimp kabobs, as
they are easy to walk around with and the snoots will
feel better about eating shrimp in front of everyone instead
of the bbq.

Want to blow their minds? Sell a little plate of smoked cheeses
and smoked or planked salmon!

If it's cool, think about a seafood chowder or soup.

Captain Morgan said:
it's a wine festival...definately offer the shrimp kabobs, as
they are easy to walk around with and the snoots will
feel better about eating shrimp in front of everyone instead
of the bbq.

LOL shrimp is soooo shi shi. I agree with Capt totally.

I would like an idea of what wines are going to featured and then decide menu. As an example the beef needs big reds to hold up, if those are not going to be featured I would stay away from the beef.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom