BBQ Central

BBQ Central (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/)
-   Catering Corner (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   Wine Festivals (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f28/wine-festivals-9999.html)

Bill The Grill Guy 09-13-2007 07:43 AM

Wine Festivals

Ah ha, now we have solved the street fetivals delema what about at wine festivals.

The lady I talked to said there is a guy who will be selling NC Q there, one guy doing crab cakes and shrimp on a stick. I was thinking maybe some chicken and beef kabobs with an order of rice. What do you guys think? What should I charge for that?

Bruce B 09-13-2007 07:54 AM

If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Maybe think about serving or wrapping the kabob on a piece of pita bread.

Bill The Grill Guy 09-13-2007 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce B
If it's a decent size kabob with some veggies and meat, I'd charge $7 or $8, won't it be difficult to hold and keep the rice without it clumping or getting hard...just asking.

Not sure about holding the rice. How ever the chinees resturants do it all the time. Maybe cook the rice and cool it down, then reheat amounts at a time? And yep, thought about the pita bread. I liked it but the wife didnt.

Greg Rempe 09-13-2007 08:14 AM

How about Fresh cut french fries instead...or just the kabobs and forget the rice!

Bill The Grill Guy 09-13-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
How about Fresh cut french fries instead...or just the kabobs and forget the rice!

I dont have a fryer for the fries. What kind of food have you seen at these things Greg?

Helen_Paradise 09-13-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce B

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!!

Bruce B 09-13-2007 08:29 AM

[quote=Helen_Paradise]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bruce B":2bz5lj4y

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!![/quote:2bz5lj4y]

I can't tell...you think this is a good price or a bad price.... [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Bill The Grill Guy 09-13-2007 08:33 AM

Just talked to the organizer of this wine festival. She said that the guy last year that "wont be back ever again" did chicken and shrimp kabobs with rice charged 5.50 for chicken and 7.00 for the shrimp. I was thinking 6 for the chicken and 7 for beef. By the way, he sold out the first day of the festival and ended up scrambling the next day. This will only be a one day event and she expects well over 800 people.

Helen_Paradise 09-13-2007 09:18 AM

[quote=Bruce B][quote="Helen_Paradise":46fltb8m]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "Bruce B":46fltb8m

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!![/quote:46fltb8m]

I can't tell...you think this is a good price or a bad price.... [smilie=a_whyme.gif][/quote:46fltb8m]

Kabab and pita for 7 bucks!!=Good I didn't think about like that...but the !! meant good. Our Greek Fest sells chicken pita for 7 bucks. The gyros sold for $6.50. About right...overpriced, but I would pay the 7 bucks at a wine fest.

Bill: Don't forget bland crackers, water, and a spit bucket!!!! :wink:

Larry Wolfe 09-13-2007 09:21 AM

[quote=Bill The Grill Guy]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "Greg Rempe":2hdfquyo

I dont have a fryer for the fries. What kind of food have you seen at these things Greg?[/quote:2hdfquyo]

Bill I have a turkey fryer and the propane burner if you would like to use it. If you follow the french fry route I would highly suggest doing fried sweet potato fries too!