Labor day weekend 2007 - (BBq - Grilling) [pics & videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I bbq'd pork spare ribs rubbed with Bryan Knox's Jerk Rub & Shrimp, Mahi Mahi and chicken legs and thighs with Larry Wolfe's Citrus Rub. What I did was spiced up and the seafood and meat, then heated up the Kamado and the SS offset pit. I got the Kamado hot enought to grill and sear. I got the SS offset pit to regular bbq temp...300 -325 degrees. I took the spare ribs and seared them on the grill, then moved them over to the offset for bbqing. I did the same thing with the chicken. I them too the Mahi Mahi and the shrimp kabobs and grilled them on the hot kamado. I also grilled 4 portabello mushroom tops on the kamado. Cooked the chicken ( old school style), just keep an eye on it and take it off when it's ready.. Cooked the spare ribs until the bones were sticking out and fall off if pulled hard. Served with Trappey's Black eyed peas and S.La Gold Sauce. It all was good. Larry's rub was good too along with Bryan Knox's rub.

:arrow:Food Prepping Video

:arrow:BBqing and Grilling Video

Food Prepping Video

BBqing and Grilling Video

Sapo, the using the lighter fluid gimmick to clean the Kamado was outstandingly funny...I was laughing out loud at that!! AWESOME!!

Made some seafood gumbo with the left over sharimp and mahi mahi.. I put 1 onion , 2 bellpeppers, 1/2 jar ragun cajun roux, and the stock I made from the shrimp shells. Also a few drops of S.La gold and Lea & perrins.. Served over white Campbell Farms popcorn rice.. It tastes KILLER.. Time to eat more ribs!! :shock:

Gotta agree with Greg. That was funny man.

Easter Island Totem Pole? lol
That's a Tiki boy...Pay Attention

Mike Hedrick said:
Gotta agree with Greg. That was funny man.

Easter Island Totem Pole? lol
That's a Tiki boy...Pay Attention
I know. I had an American Indian moment for some reason.. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom