Sunday cook out - need suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bknox

Head Chef
Cicero, IL, but my heart is in Virginia where my f
I am cooking a lunch sunday for some friends that are Texan's but vegetarians. I actually never thought there was such a thing but....

Wanting to use my grill I am thinking of JB's Apple stuffed peppers without the bacon, if he will forgive me and then post the recipe. I am also preparing a Nopales Salad and having a few Mechelada's

Other suggestions are welcome.

Smoked veggies mushrooms ect. As far as ABT recipe its simple cut open the peppers & scrape out the stems & seeds with a spoon, stuff with cheese & any firm fruit wedge, wrap with bacon & tell em its veggie bacon

Thanks JB. I was thinking of doing brisket and telling then it was re-processed grass and grain.

I believe I will grill them until the outside toasts a bit. I have only deep fried Jalapenos prepared this way. I am now thinking cream cheese and apple or cream cheese with roasted red pepper.

Friends don't let Friends not eat Meat.

Do the Boca Burgers in Bacon fat like one fella did. lol

BWs a texus vegatarian...ain't he....
veggie kabobs....grilled pinapple with a brown sugar and rum glaze for dessert.....
sorry I'm a meatatarian...I don't eat veggies :D

porata bella mushrooms on the grill . got to love that . soak in EVOO and tonys then put on the grill just like a steak .

o and ya can put some cheess on them too.

Use them as the "meat" on burgers, little mayo, tomato, some lettuce. Might even try a slice of cheese unless your friends are so way over the top they don't eat cheese.

If they don't eat cheese they are on there own. I am having a hard enough time cooking a meal sans the meat. [smilie=a_wizard.gif]

I have a hard time with the don't eat anything with a face crowd. If God did not want us to eat meat he would not have made cows, pigs and chickens out of it. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Bryan Cut a hole or cavity in the root end of the cabbage & place 2 beef or 2 chicken boulion cubes in the hole Then a whole stick of butter, with the hole uo wrap the bottom 1/2 with foil to prevent the butter from leaking out, Smoke till tender

i think I am going with stuffed baby potabella and roasted red pepper Hummus with pita and Eggplant Enchilada (can you tell the wife got involved in my menu?)

So for now all I am grillin' is red peppers and possibly the shrooms unless I cook the pan of enchiladas on it and I just might.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom