Want a Sausage Stuffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkin Pork

Senior Cook
I just got the new Northern Hydralics catalog, on page 504 they have a stainless steel 15 lb sausage stuff for only $169 dollars. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]
I've seen others just like it for at least $100 bucks more, best deal I ever saw.

Do sound like a good price. Not sure I ever heard of Northern Hydralics. Is that the same as Nothern Tool and Equipment? If so have met several very satisfied with their 5 pound stuffer for about $79. Not sure if they offer a 15 pounder or not since I aint sure we speaking of the same company here. Some of the made in China SS gizmos works just fine...others dont from whut I can gather. The stuff that Northern Tool gets in seems to work purty good. I have a 1 hp grinder from them which works real good..or did the last time I used it. I been a bit lazy on the sausage making chores here lately:)

bigwheel

Just check the catalog and your right it is Northern Tool & Equipment. Years ago it was Northern Hydralic, Great company, they have a ton of stuff at great prices.
Back in 1985 I bought a log splitter from them and it still works great and never had a problem, but then again I do take care of my toys.
I'm buying that 15 lb stuffer before they figure out the price maybe too low.

Sounds like a good plan. Have found them very customer service oriented. Fortunantly we now have two retail locations for them in this area. Should save a bunch on shipping next time I need some kinda heavy and exotic gizmo.

bigwheel

Well would say I agree with ya up to the point of shipping and handling charges. That smokin Mama 1 hp grinder made by Christian slave labor in China weigh about 90 lbs. That is a lot of shipping. Now you could grind Jimmy Hoffa up in there and nobody ever notice. Guess that is the bright side.

bigwheel

Good Ol' Jimmy, wish I knew what happened to the guy? [smilie=a_whyme.gif]
Slave labor in China, hmmm, wonder if there's money to be made/ I'll have to discuss it with the "Family" . 8)
Now I'm also wondering about those shipping charges, are we talking about the trucking industry? [smilie=a_ohyahbaby.gif]

Believe it come in UPS Ground. Run 40 bucks on the grinder. Dont much think the stuffer be that heavy.

bigwheel

Even it was the darn thing still be cheaper then anyone else!

I think UPS is trying to take over the trucking industry, gonna have to see about that. [smilie=nonono.gif]

Well UPS typically gives very good service. Not like the regular mailman. Had one the other day who had a registered parcel for me..which they is supposed to crawl their coolas outta the ice cream truck and try to deliver it. Well even though we was home...this guy just drops in one of them little tags which say "you got mail" and drives off. Warden spent half a day trying to pick it up at the post orfice. Some of them folks is just lazy. Now the mail lady we had for 9 years before this latest joker was real dedicated. Never nagged when I parked in front of the mail box etc. Keeps us closely posted on that 15 lb stuffer. Actually first I ever heard they had one that big. Hope you got a nice sturdy and permanant place to mount that bad boy. I just use the little 3 lb lever action model. It dont need mounting and one person can operate it. Rght hand on the lever and left hand on the link string. The warden do not like to touch hawg guts so I am usually stuffing alone..sniff sniff. Some of them stuffers needs 3 pair of hands to make em operate propaly.

bigwheel

Yah, I hear ya on the three handed thing. I need a big stuffer, I usaully make 30 lbs at a time.
Man can't wait to get my hands on that baby. But, I got to wait a a couple of weeks,I just had to dish a some big bucks to pay for the morgage and a remodeling job on the house also, my warden said, I gots to paint the living first, then she'll think about letting buy the stuffer. [smilie=a_listenuppunks.gif]

Well not sure why somebody pick out 30 lb increments. I know 40 is too much...20 is about right for me. I got it down to a science thanks to Big Dave. It goes like this:

2 bone in butts (deboned) come in very close to 13 lbs.
1 chub 80/20 preground chuck 5 lbs (also a good place to plug in deer meat..possum etc)
1 3 lb box bacon ends and pieces. If you can find cheap bacon for a buck a pound or less just go ahead and use it instead of the ends and pieces.

If a person do math that all add up to 20lbs or purty close..which is just about the right amount to fill up the home pack dry salted hawg guts which is alleged to do 25 lbs and will. Each 2 throws of that 3 lb stuffer just about fill up the gut strand too. It sort of a primitive portion control if you measure the links.

bigwheel

Thanks wolf checked it out, cost for shipping $20.19 + 169.99 for the stuffer, let me see that comes to :scratch $190.18.
Still a very nice saves over everyone else, now let me run this buy the boss, Im mean warden, ohhh, you know myyyy
[smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=a_smitten.gif] WIFE

Back
Top Bottom