NoVa Jeepers Annual Party and BBQ and Trail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My wife Michele and I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and some friends got jeeps and they joined a local jeep club. So we are cooking for a party out towards the Shenendoah Mountains tomorrow in Amissville, VA.

The people have a Jeep trail we hear with gullies and bolders and stuff. I'm not all that into Jeeping but it should be a fun day.

We're taking Butts and Briskets and then gonna cook Chicken Thighs at their place with my big cooker.

Should be a fun day with some fun people. Gonna take my guitar too what the heck.

I'll getcha some pics when it cools down a tad.
Sheewwww it's hot but looking better

I got [1] One word when it comes to lighting coals and bringing yer pit up to temp.... WEED TORCH.

Yeah 2 words but I'm Pirate Mike and I can do what I want.

Hot as Hell out side and I felt like a Furnace man stoaking the fire.

Gonna do the standard wash butts, slather with FRENCH'S Mustard and my Pit Pirate Plundered Pork Rub.

Briskets I will soak for a tad in FRENCH'S Worctersher-shire-sher-sheer sauce and my Beef Rub.

Cookers will roll about 250 all night.
Butts maybe 14 hours and Briskets about 10-11.

The wife might make me some SOS for dinner. That'll be good comfort food. Ya need that with an allnighter and pops. :roll:

I've been using a weed torch for ever..they kick arse Mike!!! They work good on looters after a hurricane too....

Butts are on the top rack and dripping on the 2 briskets. My way of not mopping them late at night.

250 degrees and rolling steady.

I'll stay up till midnight and check at 3am and again at 6am when I'll add 9 racks of ribs.

The plan is to leave here at 10-11 am for the 1 hour trip to Amissville where we'll have my other pit [not used tonight] with Grill on it to warm Pork and Ribs and cook chicken on the grill.

I gots wangs and stuff extra like Cole Slaw for the Jeepers

Chele is "camping" with pillow and cover on the couch to stay with me here in the addition tonight. I nod out on the lazyboy cus I wake up after 3 hours no matter what.

Anyone else cooking all night tonight?

There is something beautiful about being a BBQ man when you can get up and enjoy life at 4am and such. Yesterday was hot as hell and over night a cool front came through. Each time I went to check the fire it got a lil nicer. Cooler and less humidity.

I slapped 9 racks of ribs on at 6am and gave the butts the push test. Nope.

After I get a shower with chele I'll get and slap a therm in the briskets to see where they are at and start loading for the day. Gonna be nice and I'm heading to the Mountains. Thanks Lord.

Mike Hedrick said:
My wife Michele and I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and some friends got jeeps and they joined a local jeep club. So we are cooking for a party out towards the Shenendoah Mountains tomorrow in Amissville, VA.

The people have a Jeep trail we hear with gullies and bolders and stuff. I'm not all that into Jeeping but it should be a fun day.

We're taking Butts and Briskets and then gonna cook Chicken Thighs at their place with my big cooker.

Should be a fun day with some fun people. Gonna take my guitar too what the heck.

I'll getcha some pics when it cools down a tad.
Sheewwww it's hot but looking better

my son got a 83 CJ7 wit a 360amc v8 ,bad bo 35s, 8in lift, warn. Its strong Boy he belongs to a 4wheel club its lots 0 fun. I got a 06 chevy vortex max 4x4 its bad @ss, but that jeep (mutt) will go places where no man has gone before. Its all in family fun Boy

Sorry I didn't really cook anything cus I ain't got no pics.

No Pics...No Cook.

I was faking but we had a fricking HOOT! Them Jeepers are cool. Food was great amd the cool Mountains and sunny sky was a blessing.

Chicken grilled up nice....well NO Pics... NO Cook.

Sorry folks I had a great time today and hade GREAT food but NO PICS. Does this mean I didn't even go?

Here is how the Briskets truned out. Not too bad for a Carolina boy in Virginia.

I shrienk wrapped them yesterday and pulled them out cold to slice.
Here is the first.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/foodpics/2briskets01.jpg

And he is the other.
http://www.mikehedrick.com/bbq/foodpics/2briskets02.jpg

I sliced them and put in a full sized pan with some Cattlemens BBQ Sauce as my friend Butch likes. I then slapped that covered in the oven for a while to bring back up to 160 degrees.

yummm!
Gonna be a good party for sure.

Mike Hedrick said:
[quote="John A.":1g8t7bau]Mike,

Why do you shrink wrap them for only one day storage?

Thanks

Why not?[/quote:1g8t7bau]

Saran wrap, or some such product, is a lot cheaper for short term, refrigerated storage. :)

Back
Top Bottom