Sunday Baby Backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Cooked up 3 racks of baby backs using cherry and pecan wood. The rack on the right I rubbed with Smokin Guns Hot and Mild and sauced with Smokin Guns Sauce; the middle rack I used my Blowin' Smoke rub with Mike Davis' Lotta Bull Sauce; and the rack on the left I used Mary's Cherry with Sweet Baby Rays with Honey Sauce.

The cook took 4 1/2 hours over Rancher Hardwood Charcoal with a mdified Piedmont Pan set up in the WSM; a foiled WSM original pan sitting on top of a Brinkmann Charcoal Pan.

About 3 hours into the cook.

All sauced up.

I can see why Mike Davis was GC in 16 comps last year and RGC in 10 more, probably the best, well balanced, small batch commercial sauce I've ever tasted.

Ring the dinner bell.

That's some good lookin Ribs Bruce B. Bet they were darn good! [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Cliff H. said:
Fine looking ribs Bruce. ;)

I have trouble remembering what is what when I am testing different rubs and suaces.

Likewise Cliff, I have to write it down or I'd never remember which rack had which.

Bryan S said:
Bruce, have you used the Lotta Bull Rub at all? Just wondering since you said how great the BBQ sauce is. Thanks, Bryan

No Bryan I haven't, I have too many rubs here now and besides I've started making my own, so I'm trying to use up my inventory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom