Today is Turkey Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I brined these two turkey breasts overnight and I'm smoking them with 3 hockey puck sized chunks of sugar maple. I also made some ABT's stuffed with cream cheese, mexi blend cheese, WRO and real bacon bits and wrapped in turkey bacon.

Great minds think alike Larry! I'm doing a turkey breast later today. I didn't brine mine this time, just injected it. What the heck are you gonna do with all that meat? My 1 breast is 7 1/2 pounds, how much are yours?

Nick Prochilo said:
Great minds think alike Larry! I'm doing a turkey breast later today. I didn't brine mine this time, just injected it. What the heck are you gonna do with all that meat? My 1 breast is 7 1/2 pounds, how much are yours?

One is 6 something and the other is 7 something, I'll remove each lobe from one of them and vacuum seal them whole and reheat and slice later.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3m6g7jwk]Great minds think alike Larry! I'm doing a turkey breast later today. I didn't brine mine this time, just injected it. What the heck are you gonna do with all that meat? My 1 breast is 7 1/2 pounds, how much are yours?

One is 6 something and the other is 7 something, I'll remove each lobe from one of them and vacuum seal them whole and reheat and slice later.[/quote:3m6g7jwk]

Yeah, Thats what I thought. I'll probably seal 1/2 of a 1/2. The rest will be dinner and lunch for the week. What sides you serving?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3qof9hvz][quote="Nick Prochilo":3qof9hvz]Great minds think alike Larry! I'm doing a turkey breast later today. I didn't brine mine this time, just injected it. What the heck are you gonna do with all that meat? My 1 breast is 7 1/2 pounds, how much are yours?

One is 6 something and the other is 7 something, I'll remove each lobe from one of them and vacuum seal them whole and reheat and slice later.[/quote:3qof9hvz]

Yeah, Thats what I thought. I'll probably seal 1/2 of a 1/2. The rest will be dinner and lunch for the week. What sides you serving?[/quote:3qof9hvz]

My wife is making broccoli casserole and simmered yellow squash and onions. You?

Looks great man!

I gotta try the ABTs one day. I'm not a big Jap eater but cheese and bacon and turkey bacon I like!

After a weekend of 10 butts, 9 whole birds, 200 thighs and 21 racks of ribs...... I bought me some Steaks and FRESH shrimp for the grill. Yeah I got a yard bird too.

Enjoy! Thanks for pix

Been a while since we saw some turkey boobs cooked around here!
Lookin' good bud 8)

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":ghive10w][quote="Larry Wolfe":ghive10w][quote="Nick Prochilo":ghive10w]Great minds think alike Larry! I'm doing a turkey breast later today. I didn't brine mine this time, just injected it. What the heck are you gonna do with all that meat? My 1 breast is 7 1/2 pounds, how much are yours?

One is 6 something and the other is 7 something, I'll remove each lobe from one of them and vacuum seal them whole and reheat and slice later.[/quote:ghive10w]

Yeah, Thats what I thought. I'll probably seal 1/2 of a 1/2. The rest will be dinner and lunch for the week. What sides you serving?[/quote:ghive10w]

My wife is making broccoli casserole and simmered yellow squash and onions. You?[/quote:ghive10w]

My wife is suppose to make orzo salad (we'll see). Then I'm doing a side of pork tenderloin medalions, wrapped in bacon!

brian j said:
looks like a tasty feast. is it raining down there? i'm thinking of putting some abt's and wings. there's been lightning but no rain.

It got windy and thundered alot down here, but no rain! :cry:

Everything is done and I'm full! The Oval performed awesome as usual!!

Good lookin' poultry...but turkey bacon...???? You also gonna tell us you used lite cream cheese and diet chedder..And I bet there was no salt or butter in the cassarole or squash ????????????????????????????

Well, Id eat it anyway..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom