Surfin Sapo's Kibbi & Tzatziki Sauce - 1st time doin thi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, BOY... I did it..It was kinda
fun makin the kibbi. definately tastes good.
The Tzatziki sauce is really good. I'm so stuffed
right now I can hardly type.... :shock: ..we need
a barf smiley face emotion.... :D

Different!
Isn't Kibbi raw lamb?? Eaten the same way??
I worked with a guy that would shop at a ......well I caint think of the nationality. Lebanese (sp) maybe. He would buy kibbi(sp) and eat it with crackers and Taboulli(sp) salad. Is this the same stuff? :? ;)

Puff said:
Different!
Isn't Kibbi raw lamb?? Eaten the same way??
I worked with a guy that would shop at a ......well I caint think of the nationality. Lebanese (sp) maybe. He would buy kibbi(sp) and eat it with crackers and Taboulli(sp) salad. Is this the same stuff? :? ;)
I hope not. I cooked it in oil.. It is lamb meat but it is cooked..look at all the pictures for the whole process...I know sushi is raw fish or squid... :D

Same stuff. It can be raw, boiled, broiled, baked, grilled, fried, steamed, rolled in papers or smoked in a pipe. Kibbee, kibbii, quipe, kibeh, kofte, etc., is basically just a meatball with (or sometimes without) grain. It's the "national" dish of about a zillion eastern-Med and mid-east countries. Did I say meatball? It can be spread out in a pan, too. We discussed this on another thread, but you were napping.

Raw lamb with raw egg. Yeah baby.

Great job SS The last time I went to the local greek restaurant I ordered 3 kibbes & a salid They are heavenly

boar_d_laze said:
Same stuff. It can be raw, boiled, broiled, baked, grilled, fried, steamed, rolled in papers or smoked in a pipe. Kibbee, kibbii, quipe, kibeh, kofte, etc., is basically just a meatball with (or sometimes without) grain. It's the "national" dish of about a zillion eastern-Med and mid-east countries. Did I say meatball? It can be spread out in a pan, too. We discussed this on another thread, but you were napping.

Raw lamb with raw egg. Yeah baby.
2.gif

Back
Top Bottom