Web Site Hosting Costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
For those of you that have your own web sites...the Great Lakes Barbecue Association is in the process of creating a web site and I'm looking for information from those of you that have your web sites hosted and what you are paying for recurring monthly costs?

Not being a computer whiz I may not be phrasing it right. Hopefully you'll know what I'm after. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mine is on a personal free space offered by the internet provider so I don't have a lot of recent info for you but I have had a comercial one in the past and the cost can vary widely depending on what you have on the website. For example merchant services can add cost as well as site size. It would be hard to determin what a site could cost. The best thing I can say is to shop around a LOT before settling on any aspect of the final product.

Bruce, I pay $216/yr...but I also have support included in that price from the people who host. Remember, most of these plans you can get offer NO tech support. So you better have an IT guy in the GLBBQA on the ready when you need to add, subtract, change or modify something on your site. Here are my plan particulars:

Advance - $22.50 Monthly - $60.75 Quarterly - $114.75 Semi-Annually - $216 Annually
3,000 MB Disk Space
75,000 MB/Month Premium Data Transfer
CPanel/Fantastico
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited MySQL Databases
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited Addon Subdomains
1 Hour/Month Script/Software Installation/Upgrade is included

If all you want is a real basic, low cost, no ads web host, check out www[dot]budgethostingweb[dot]com/hosting/features.shtml (sorry 'bout that--the board won't let me insert a link because I haven't posted enough). I've run my boat club site there for nearly 5 years with nary a hiccup. You can't beat the cost--$12 for a 25 MB site! Their upload tools are super easy to use, as long as you can generate the html code yourself.

--doug

Check the GoDaddy.com web site. We are having a new web site built and they have been very helpful with the hosting and email stuff. Less than $30 a year with plenty of space.

Back
Top Bottom