Interesting Brisket Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thus the reason briskets and I don't get along. 13lb packer couple weeks ago took 12 hours, 13lb packer yesterday took 16 hours :roll:

Well, I'm glad you had a good brisket.. I guess that's why they say keep a close eye on cookin a brisket...
Good Job!! :eek:

Yall are all correct Briskits dependimg on the cow it come from can cook differentI did some experiments some time back using a convection Oven, Even with constant convection heat you still don't know long the cooktime & how the tenderness, juicyness & texture is gonna be. I did some reading on pressure cookers & they said they had consitant results with roasts

I had one freak out on me this weekend in Smyrna, TN. Started out cooking around 225 and when the brisket reached 170 (around 5 hours) it stalled (no suprise there). Then it dropped 2 degrees :shock: (hour 6) , so I upped the temp to 235 and then in about 30 minutes it flew up to 195 and the poke test was good. Well I wasn't expecting it to finish that fast and had to rest it for over 5 hours until turn in. It was pretty good and I ended up 11th and only .57 points away from finishing 9th.

Back
Top Bottom