Does Pulled Pork even require sides??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PantherTailgater said:
My wife and I usually stuff ourselves dipping Pulled Pork in BBQ sauce before the sides are even ready. I think BBQ Pork is a meal in itself when prepared fresh. :D
I give you credit to restrain yourself to get sauce....We usuallydo it when pulling the pork.

True, but the sides are oh, so goooooood.
I agree because when I'm pulling and chopping
q, I'm usually so full by the time it's ready that
I don't even eat with everyone. Course, as
we all know, it's the guy doing the hard work that
gets the very best pieces.

PantherTailgater said:
My wife and I usually stuff ourselves dipping Pulled Pork in BBQ sauce before the sides are even ready. I think BBQ Pork is a meal in itself when prepared fresh. :D
I feel that way with all food!!!.. Meat#1 sides=staple... :D

I'm with BFD prep the slaw while the pork is cooking, have it ready to top the pulled pork on the roll or the white bread sammie.

I like to dip the white bread into the sauce, load it up with pulled pork a spoon of slaw on top of the meat, another slice of bread on top of the slaw, wrap your hands round the whole thing and try not to bite your fingers between the first bite and the last. Oh, and lean forward over the plate or it will be all over your shirt! ;)

IMHO there is no better side than a good vinegar based slaw. Can either be on the side or on the sammy.

Yeppers....got to have some KFC coleslaw..sweet beans and tater chips on this deal. This be assuming you already planning on the cheap white buns of course. If not...got to have some buns. Also a squirt jug of Sirrachi sauce. Works the same way on mushy brisket.

bigwheel

When we cooked for the party a few weeks ago, the meat was done several hours before the party started. The ones of us who worked on the meat were full well before time to eat the rest. I think that's when it's at it's best..during the pulling times. We had the sauce out there because some of our buddies wanted to try my sauce and another one from a friend's recipe. What fun, pulling, dipping, drinking, and talking!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom