WSM..........unreal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I just had to post this. I fired my WSM up at about noon Sunday.
I cooked 3 chuck roasts with a 3/4 full ring of KF.
The chucks came off at about 7pm. I shut the vents top & bottom.
I've been having a few "problems" with the flimsy little tin foil door that came with the cooker. :roll:
I woke up the next day for work and planned on taking the cooker apart and putting it away. As I went outside this morning I noticed the flimsy littl tin foil door had fallen off. The cooker was flaming like all get out :shock: I put the door back on and went to work. 10 hrs. later I arrived home. AGAIN I "attempted" to put the cooker away.
Even after sitting all day with the vents clossed 100% I burned my hand trying to get it apart. I have no pics but my daughter and I roasted a marshmallow on it 34 hrs after I fired it up.
This piece of cooking equipment still amazes me to this day!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Why do you guys "put them away"? I just keep mine covered and it does well. Just a question.

yeah, I let it cool down, about 48 hours after the cook and then put the cover on it and put it back in it's corner out back.

Mine has it's own little spot in the garage next to my Harley. I wouldn't want it to get run over by some errant vehicle if I left it in the driveway.:shock:

Puff said:
Mine has it's own little spot in the garage next to my Harley. I wouldn't want it to get run over by some errant vehicle if I left it in the driveway.:shock:

You don't have an attic in the garage? :twisted:

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:

You don't have an attic in the garage? :twisted:
Nickie old boy there is only one attic user on this forum :roll: :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
That is why I put wheels on mine, so I could ROLL it into the corner. :D
Bruce and I discussed that.
It would be alot easier. Handles on the sides too :D

Your WSM should be air-tight enough that it will go out when you shut all the vents. If it's still hot after that many hours, you probably have an air leak somewhere. I know that when I shut mine down, it goes out relatively quickly. Definitely I can put the cover on by the next morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom